Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acidstyle77

importing video to wad

i remember a long time ago there was a way to use a video file for a wall instead of a tile in duke nukem for PC. is there a program that will let you do the saem in doom? like use a mpeg instead of a wall?

boris is refering to animated textures like the fire/ lava/ sfall textures in Doom. The easiest way to make a custum animated wall texture is to replace the original textures.
You'll need aprogram like XWE.

These walls only have 3 to 4 'frames'. It is possible to add more frames (and keep it compatible with Doom2.exe) but I don't know how to do this.

Furthermore:
It is possible to make security camera's in Doom just like in Duke Nukem 3D. You'll need Zdoom to make this. I have no idea how this is done though. You should ask about this on the Zdoom forums or read the Zdoom tutorial.

BTW: welcome to the Doomworld Forums.

m0l0t0v said:

These walls only have 3 to 4 'frames'. It is possible to add more frames (and keep it compatible with Doom2.exe) but I don't know how to do this.

AFAIK only the first and last texture of the animation is defined in Doom. So you can place any number of textures between those start and end textures, and they all will be animated in the order they are defined in.