Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gokuma

That guy removed content from his Life After the Oil Crash site

Specifically about stuff to do yourself and in your community to be more self-sufficient and stuff, apparently so people are more motivated to buy books from the ever-expanding site store to find out what to do. What an asshole. Well he is a lawyer I think.

Gokuma is crazy and believes in Peak Oil, that's about it. Oh and Bushitler is probably helping cause Peak Oil for some nerfarious reason.

That's what kind of made me feel uneasy about Peak Oil, the fact that it justifies what Bush(itler) is doing in the middle east. I've done a bit of research on the subject (all internet based, and a couple of episodes of "Extreme Oil" on PBS) and I've come to the conclusion that the soothsayers are ignoring the fact that there's so much oil in the earth while the naysayers are ignoring that the population is growing out of control. I read a good article linked from somewhere in the Peak Oil forums a while back posted by some agent, but it made a very good point. Here is the article, but that's not the place where I first read it.

Linguica said:

Gokuma is crazy and believes in Peak Oil, that's about it. Oh and Bushitler is probably helping cause Peak Oil for some nerfarious reason.

You haven't heard?

Ok, I am crazy, but it wouldn't hurt to be more self-sufficient no matter happens. You're an idiot if you think things are unlimited.

Piezo said:

while the naysayers are ignoring that the population is growing out of control.

Uh scientists have projected that the world population may peak at 9 billion around 2050 or so and then actually decline, so this isn't such an enormous threat. But the real threat is the economic growth of China, which will suck up oil like a sponge.

Um no, oil out there IS unlimited. Just look at how many galaxies there are out there. What are the chances of there being NO more oil reserves out there? Do you honestly think the human race will deplete all of the universe's oil reserves out there? I don't think so out there.

AndrewB said:

Um no, oil out there IS unlimited. Just look at how many galaxies there are out there. What are the chances of there being NO more oil reserves out there? Do you honestly think the human race will deplete all of the universe's oil reserves out there? I don't think so out there.

But how will we get to it?

And oil requiese deal buried life.. and life is rare..

Linguica said:

Uh scientists have projected that the world population may peak at 9 billion around 2050 or so and then actually decline, so this isn't such an enormous threat. But the real threat is the economic growth of China, which will suck up oil like a sponge.

Indeed. I think China and USA are already competing about influence in the oil-producing middle east. There must be a reason China and Iran is buddying up like they are. It certainly isn't love.

Little Faith said:
It certainly isn't love.

Sure it is, just not platonic love.

myk said:

Sure it is, just not platonic love.

Plato would be rolling in his grave if he knew of the abuse we give his ideas

Gokuma said:

Everything is good. Nuclear winter will cancel out global warming.

And it will get rid of the problem we have with liveing organisms

St. Doom said:

And it will get rid of the problem we have with liveing organisms

Uh, nuclear winter is not a gamma ray burst that will eradicate life and sterilize this planet.

St. Doom said:

But how will we get to it?

And oil requiese deal buried life.. and life is rare..

How will we get to it? Technology is advancing at an astronomical pace! Some estimates put the advancements in rocketology at more than 1,000,000 per year!! In no time we will ball be filthy rich!

AndrewB said:

How will we get to it? Technology is advancing at an astronomical pace! Some estimates put the advancements in rocketology at more than 1,000,000 per year!! In no time we will ball be filthy rich!

Worst troll ever. :(

Anyway, yeah, we're all screwed. We'll run out of oil while the gulf stream dies out and nuclear missles rain on our impoverished heads. And a dog pees on us. (giant mutant space dog TBA)

udderdude said:

Worst troll ever. :(

Maybe if people stopped biting then I wouldn't have to keep doing it.

AndrewB said:

Maybe if people stopped biting then I wouldn't have to keep doing it.

There's a better solution here. When you feel the urge to troll in an unnecessarily ridculous manner, find a desk with a deep drawer in it. Open the drawer and put your head in it. Slam the drawer shut as hard as you can. If you can still feel your arm, do it again. Continue until you lose consciousness. With any luck, when you wake up, you'll have forgotten what it is you were going to be such an asshole about.

DC

Doom-Child said:

There's a better solution here. When you feel the urge to troll in an unnecessarily ridculous manner, find a desk with a deep drawer in it. Open the drawer and put your head in it. Slam the drawer shut as hard as you can. If you can still feel your arm, do it again. Continue until you lose consciousness. With any luck, when you wake up, you'll have forgotten what it is you were going to be such an asshole about.

DC

much easyer to go to bed and sleep, if your still pissed ff in the morning, go back to sleep

I think my answer provides for a greater level of personal discipline. After the first two or three sets of bruises heal, you'll think twice about getting pissed off at a post on a forum populated by complete and utter brownie hounds.

DC

AndrewB said:

"Some estimates" by whom? Cite your sources. Besides, there's no such thing as "rocketology"; you must be thinking of aerospace/astronautical/rocket engineering/science. Also, whether it's 1,000,000 depends on the unit of measurement, which you haven't specified. And please don't misuse the word "astronomical".

Doom-Child said:

I think my answer provides for a greater level of personal discipline. After the first two or three sets of bruises heal, you'll think twice about getting pissed off at a post on a forum populated by complete and utter brownie hounds.

DC

since when was this the emo angst forum

gargoylol said:

since when was this the emo angst forum

Emo angst nothing. I just want AndrewB to injure himself at my command.

DC

Fredrik said:

"Some estimates" by whom? Cite your sources. Besides, there's no such thing as "rocketology"; you must be thinking of aerospace/astronautical/rocket engineering/science. Also, whether it's 1,000,000 depends on the unit of measurement, which you haven't specified. And please don't misuse the word "astronomical".

Doh! My mistake!

Okay, fun's over.