Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Prime

final doom crap

Was there any definitive story to the Final Doom series, or was it just a bunch of cool levels that eventually made up what one would consider a game?

Hello? WTF? Did you buy the box with the fully descriptive manual, or whas the CD thrown at you by an angry
bitch-whore at the bar? BOTH storys are really cool and detailed. Duh.

As Prime is normally fairly spot-on with his shit, I'll forgive him this, esp. as they didn't really get Final Doom off to the start it deserved, which is why so many people don't know about the otherwise great storylines...
very basically P, UAC was stuffed after Doom 2, Baphomet was dead, but so were most of their employees. They started work on dimensional gates again on one of Jupiter's moons, hoping that they were far enough away from Earth to prevent invasion. ANyway, a huge ship comes over to the mmon and rains monsters out on the planetoid. Everone dies, except you, Doomguy, and it's up to you to avnge the death of your boys etc. That's TNT...
Plutonia takes place on Earth, where a mission to finally stop the demons from using the gates is underway. It goes wrong, and you hvae to drive from the beach and empty Hell's bowels before the situation can get worse. You have to pinch the quantum accelerator that they're using and claim final victory for Earth.
That's it. Personally, I think TNT is better than Plutonia, it has more range and more interesting levels. But they both sure have a storyline...

TNT r0x0rs my b0x0rs. Plutonia sucks my (bleep). Too friggin' hard for my tastes.

Plutonia was damned hard, even without the secret levels, just too many goddamned revenants and arch viles, plus mancubuses appearing five yards from you in a cramped room... bah.

Plutonia sucks my (bleep). Too friggin' hard for my tastes.

Uhm.. you are aware that there are different skill levels right?

A quick test reveals that at skill 1 map01 is possible without dodging any of the shots. I also completed map32 (first try, without load/save) with something like 130% kills (damn arch-viles).

So go play it on skill 1 already, you're missing out some awesome maps.

Hey I do play on UV all the time, I just checked it out before suggesting that to DoomBoy. Last time I played on skill 1 was about 6 years ago, tho I'm not sure if I played it even then.

Besides real real men play on Nightmare.

Hey I do play on UV all the time, I just checked it out before suggesting that to DoomBoy. Last time I played on skill 1 was about 6 years ago, tho I'm not sure if I played it even then.

GLAD TO HEAR IT! besides, playing on skill 1 for longer than ten minutes strips you of all the skill you build up playing on higher levels.

Our advice is wasted, though. it was news to DoomBoy that skill levels existed at all... :)

Hello? WTF? Did you buy the box with the fully descriptive manual, or whas the CD thrown at you by an angry
bitch-whore at the bar? BOTH storys are really cool and detailed. Duh.

A story including a "spaceship" made of steel and flesh? Jeez, get a life, besides, both stories looked like they were written by a bunch of 12-year olds (Has a similar quality to the stuff I wrote in my school assignments in public school!)

He can't respond to your comment--he's banned. Not much of a loss, though.

Anyway, the stories did suck as they were, but with some additional, more descriptive writing, they might have made a good read. MIGHT have.

He can't respond to your comment--he's banned. Not much of a loss, though.

Anyway, the stories did suck as they were, but with some additional, more descriptive writing, they might have made a good read. MIGHT have.

Well, at least he can read my message..., can't he?

I agree on that last statement!