Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Classic DOOM III titlepic (super fun little contest)

If back in 1996 id instead of Quake decided to add another chapter in the classic DOOM series (a DOOM III), how should it be the Titlepic?

The only rules are:
-It must be 320x200
-Use of the vanilla DOOM PAL (but not grey scale).
-It must include this pic http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8499/idlogo8nk.gif

it sounds like a sweet competition idea, but is it an official competition by any chance, i don't think i will participate........i'm not very good at logo's, but please, continue these in the future, and there may be hope for the fanart scetion

Really? Thanks! Still the "III" it's bad placed, and I failed in my own rules as it's a "semi grey scale" pic. I'd love to see something like the Doomguy facing demons and the logos (DOOM III and "id Software") there.

I think it would be interesting to see someone make doom 3 levels for the original doom engine. The second picture looks better than the first, maybe you should add the first picture's background with the 2nd picture's logo.

Well, it's not what you might expect but I'm doing a megawad based on that idea, vanilla compatible maps (a few are limit removing), new monsters, skies, story (with the same lengh of the originals), everything based in my interpretation of a DOOM III. The problem is that as lazy as I am, I'm using the "Hordes of Chaos" map recycling trick (minor editing). As so far it's for personal use, and I never played so far the maps before (I just look at them a bit while editing), it'd really be like a new megawad for me.

I know the best should be to do all from scratch, but, my laziness and the fact that I need at least a week per map (usually more) would end in an abandoned project.

Another idea I have to make it semi-oficial, is to compile (and edit) maps that are made by people that worked/work at id (like Sverre Kvernmo, Christen Klye, Jim Flynn, Casali Brothers, John Anderson, and others).

well, that would be great. It's a unique idea. Hey, maybe somebody willing to could fix it up and make it look like TNT 3 or something, even though you would give the idea to tnt then. I think it would be interesting. You should touch those maps up, and upload them to /idgames on doomworld. I would immediately download it. A very unique project that even id software didnt think of until 2000.

Is this contest's purpose to provide you a titlepic for your "classic doom3" project?

Eh.. uuh.. er.. maaaay beee... I still would ask the author.

Me hides inside the closet for a while...

From inside I say..
And about the map compilations I'm grouping them following certain themes (i.e. base maps.. base infested.. hell.. and the other themes), not just at random.