Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baronofhell

technical help

I was playing ROE, and after about fifteen minutes, the monitor goes blank and displays a message saying "monitor in power save mode, activate pc to use" or something along those lines. I hit every key on the keyboard, clicked the mouse buttons a few times, and nothing happened. So I shut down, fired up ROE and the same thing happened again. But it only happens when I play a game. WTF!!! Help please...

You can go into control panel and select "power options" and select: "turn off monitor" never "turn off hard disks" never and "system standby" and select never.. this is what i go by, but your tastes may be different (if you like that power down stuff like your monitor) the only power down i go by personaly involves the power buttons on my monitor/computer. i usualy just run a screen saver and let it all burn (especialy if im downloading a bunch of crap) but it should be waking up by mouse movement, or remaining up by playing a game. try those selections and do a re-boot to see if it clears up your problem.

Go into "control panel" then select "performance and maintenance" (lower left icon) then "power options" it has a battery/electrical plug icon (in xp, 98 is similar) click on it and the selections will be right there.

Thankx for the help, but, seems I don't have administrative privileges so, fuck it. I was playing doom3 and the fear demo earlier with no probs, not so with ROE. Everything was already set to never except the monitor, which was set to 20 mins!! Thanks again.