Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Has anyone seen this, probably yes

There are a bunch of "classic" mods floating around. I certainly think that if someone could pull off a full 100% Ultimate / Doom 2 conversion, it'd be cool, but until then there are too many to keep track of.

I'm not really looking forward to any of these mods. 75% of the mods like this that I have seen have actually made the levels look WORSE than they originally did. If you're going to recreate the original game's levels in Doom 3, at least make them look up to par with stuff on the Doom 3 engine, instead of just making them exactly the same.

the one doomer4life posted looks like it improved upon the original utilizing doom 3 features I'm much more excited about IT.

If someones going to make a classic mod, then it's going to need similar textures.

Ex: You cant have E1m1's entire level be covered COMPLETELY with various shades of gray metal walls/floors/ceilings like the majority of doom3's levels. Your going to need textures that contain different colors, like the blue floor on the stand the security armor is sitting on, and the brown crusty walls in the room where the acid pool is when you cross that path.

Most of these classic mods just can't replicate the origional game.

Yeah, I played the demo for quake2: lost marine and wasn't that impressed. But I never liked quake2 all that much in the first place. Definetly more of a doomer than a quaker.

Inferno said:
Most of these classic mods just can't replicate the origional game. [/B]

which isn't even the point, if you want that just go play doom.

Inferno said:

Then why bother makin classic mods?

because its like a nod to a classic, like how it could have looked if it had been made at a different time, people like the familiar. Thats my HO anyway.

Ah ok I didn't look at it that way, I kept thinking in an "improved nostolgic" perspective. Im sorry.

AgentSpork said:

I'm not really looking forward to any of these mods. 75% of the mods like this that I have seen have actually made the levels look WORSE than they originally did. If you're going to recreate the original game's levels in Doom 3, at least make them look up to par with stuff on the Doom 3 engine, instead of just making them exactly the same.

That's what I keep saying...