Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Death Is Just The Beginning

Hello!

Death Is Just The Beginning is my first new episode for ultimate Doom.
They are the first 9 levels I made ever.

You can download it from my site:

djb.doomwadstation.com

I invite you to play my episode: as I am a beginner I need a lot of help to improve my levels, so pleas let me know what you think about my style, gameplay, etc etc ...

Bye,
Lorenzo

Not bad at all and a bit hard.
e1m1: the white zone should be used (the map is too short), there should be more secrets and details (0 is a bit few).
e1m2: the 2 cacos should not be stuck, some dark areas are a bit too dark, I didn’t understand why those poors zombies were slaughtered by exploding barrels (it’s a joke, right?), the pillars of the building where the monsters pop out after the blue door are a bit weak.
e1m3: in the start area you should make a real border wall instead of just a vertical line.
Note: I don’t like the black title font.
Keep on mapping for Doom 1.
EDIT: I understand now why e1m1 is so short. ;-) Anyway, it’s your WAD.

I played and reviewed "Death Is Just The Beginning" here at "Outpost of Doom 2" (http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag). I like it, because of its nice graphics and funny gameplay! :)
Now Lorenzo and I are working on a new all-Italian project together with another Italian Doomer, BuzzBomber. Wait for screenshots from completed levels! ;)

It was cool. A little hard, though .. not alot of health/ammo scattered around. Makes me wish it was for Doom 2 just so i had the SSG :P

Thank you all for play my wad!

To Ducon: in the first level the white area in left unused 'cos it will be used in the secret level (did you find it?), while in the second the zombies are slaughtered 'cos it is a Sadic Hell; do you know how can i use best fonts?

To Udderdude: perhaps i'll create a Doom 2 version, but I'm not sure: I have too much work to do with the Italian Doom Community Project.

Lorenzo said:

To Ducon: in the first level the white area in left unused 'cos it will be used in the secret level (did you find it?),

Yes.

while in the second the zombies are slaughtered 'cos it is a Sadic Hell;

Yup. And sometimes it comes back in Doomguy’s face. ;-)

do you know how can i use best fonts?

The old Doom fonts are OK.

GoatLord said:

That's funny, there's a death metal compilation called Death is Just the Beginning.

Yes, I have them! Since I like the metal comps I'd figure I'd like the wad!

I'm a heavy/death/doom/black/epic metal fan... !
Death Is Just The Beginning sound great as episode name!

Lorenzo