Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Textures again, and flats alignment

I was wondering how to add textures in Doombuilder like with a texture wad still keeping all the doom textures, I think I did it once but I can't remember how.

And while I'm at that how do you replace the sky texture, cause its not really texture specific it's level specific, is this a difficult thing to do?

thanks.

You cannot replace any graphics with Doom Builder, just like you cannot make an MP3 with Microsoft Word. Doom Builder is a map editor, its not a WAD editor. I suggest you try something like XWE. See the editing resources page on Doomworld for links to different WAD editors.

Deepsea can do it, but you have to be able to read. I know, it's a huge letdown. To make a new sky, take your graphic and name it RSKY1 and place it into your wad as a wall patch.

Xanthier said:

I was wondering how to add textures in Doombuilder like with a texture wad still keeping all the doom textures, I think I did it once but I can't remember how.

If you´ve set up the respective Iwad correctly, you can choose one wad you want to load additional resources from.
Doombuilder then should load both, the additional resource as well as the resources from the IWAD!
Works fine for me at least.

Vader said:

If you´ve set up the respective Iwad correctly, you can choose one wad you want to load additional resources from.
Doombuilder then should load both, the additional resource as well as the resources from the IWAD!

Thanks Vader, you understood what I meant, where do I go to load the additional wad resources, configuration?

Also, how do you align teleport textures, I knew once and forgot, thanks.

Xanthier said:

Also, how do you align teleport textures, I knew once and forgot, thanks.

Move your teleporter so it is aligned on the 64x64 grid. Some ports have another way, but they are not standard.

thanks.

Is there a quick way to align textures in doombuilder? My computer does not support 3d mode.

Vader said:

This worked but it gives me Doom's Title screen and sky. (I used Doom as my add resource.)

Vader said:

Yes, this does work fine except when you want to finish your map and make it a stand alone able to run in zdoom without borrowing or adding other IWADs. I'd suggest using XWE to remove the textures from which ever IWAD you borrow them from by saving them and then loading them into your wad (adding them to the patch names and the textures of course). I think XWE will add them automatically if you load them by double clicking on the textures filter button and selecting your textures. Please confirm this anyone because I'm not too sure :)

And also, on a somewhat different subject. Are you still working on your pyramid Xanthier? If so maybe you and I could exchange some ideas and info. I am also working on a pyramid and have managed to make it totally 3D with silent teleports and a lift from the top and outside to the inside. I would be happy to send you my work in progress if you are interested but beleive me, its a total work in progress but the basics are there (the texture alignment is a real headache for me too, since I too am limited to 2d mode) :(

I will try what you said, if I understand you correctly.

my pyramids are tiny, they aren't actual walk in pyramids, they are altars. but I'd be happy to play your level and give you feedback.