Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erik

[released] - Scythe 2

Woohoo! Where have I been for the last week! Scythe 2 is finally out. So far another kick ass level set you've got here Eric.

Those Plasma Marines are whores, yes, whores indeed.

I have been trying to kill him, but without success (you only have singleshotgun in this level)... didn't feel like iddqd him. Since you don't have to kill him I just left the level.

MR. X? If you don't feel up to taking him on, you're in for a real treat later...

I get about 50/50 with him on skill 4 =) On skill 1-2 he's easy as you have extra health and a chaingun. If you play skill 4 and just can't kill him, I suggest you drop 1-2 skill levels before map20+...

Mr. X was actually pretty easy. All you need to do is stay behind the crates. Then he can't hit you!

Those green plasma marines bugged the hell out of me. They were so IRRITATING. But then again, I was playing Coop with blackfish. that probably explains why there were so many of them.

but they shot green plasma.

one thing that bugged me: blackfish was a red armored marine too >_<

If you already know he's going to pop up in front of the red key, just shoot a single rocket. That's enough to kill him I think... After all 1 BFG flash killed him.

I killed him easily, but only because I went to map31 first and if you do that you can keep your weapons into the next episode :P

A bit of trivia here... the original second monster that Erik made was sent to me around the time map25 was finished. It was going to be another marine enemy, gray in color I believe, and armed with a shotgun. I think I said it wasn't what I would have expected (the Hell episode was coming up) and then I got sent a free asskicking with the new Baron enemy in a small test room with no cover. ;)

Those red marines were pretty fast! Man, they are like those bots in skulltag. They just zoom right on by and beat you down! I haven't seen such an enemy that fast since the release of that Boss Demo with the Evil Doom guy.

Where can i download the megawad of scythe2? The only server i have visited is really slow and has a corrupt file.

A very, very good work.

Everything: atmosphere, level design, music are on very high level.

I missed almost everything while playing.

Thanks alot.

Very good. Makes me want to give up on mapping. The last 5 or six levels pissed me off though. They were beautiful in terms of design, but there was that nutty HR/DV styled gameplay that I'm not too fond of. Well that, and they bogged the shit out of my crap computer. :-)

ducon said:

Anybody knows how to go to the super secret level?

Take the secret exit in the secret level. :) s231s012 (which should be linked earlier in this thread somewhere) shows how to do it.

I asked because I tried to open the door, I heard a door closing sound and that was all. No door opened, and no other sound here.
I’m running prboom.

The map31 with the super secret door demo works well with prboom but I can’t do what the demo does. :-/

The secret exit door is on a timer (a linedef near the start triggers the mechanism) - if you're too slow it won't open. Try it with nomonsters and slowmotion to see how much time you've got. There's not much to spare though.