Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Stupid Noob Question [music]

If I want to play the music from WAD03 do I have to have my WAD start there, I know I can change it, but is it simple?

You mean map03 from doom2?, use xwe to extract it from the doom Iwad.
And rename the track to D_RUNNIN, sorry I don't know the name for the track that plays during level 3 :(
Someone else probably knows this.

dutch devill said:

sorry I don't know the name for the track that plays during level 3

it's D_COUNTD

I did this and it didn't work, I went to rename entry and renamed it D_COUNTD or do I need to do it somewhere else like where songs are called up?

little help!

What map number does your map replace, if its map01 rename the track to D_RUNNIN.
And if your map replaces map03 you should change it to D_COUNTD.

D_RUNNIN plays during map01 so it will only work on map01, same for D_COUNTD it will play during map03.
Hope this helps:)

my map is map 01 from Doom2 but I want D_COUNTD for the music. did you try this to see if it works.

I went into XWE, then hit the music tab and it lists all the music names on the side starting with map01. Now what? Do I rename D_COUNTD to D_RUNNIN? I also saw that there was D_COUNT2 for Nirvana, it wasn't the same name.

Did you copy and pasted the track from the doom2 Iwad to your wad.
And then rename the D_COUNTD track to D_RUNNIN, this will play the track on map01.

okay, stupid me, I WILL TRY THAT.

Could you check out my new screens, my wad is almost finished. I've put a lot of hours into it.

you think I should make them bigger? depends on how much I get done this week, probably next one just to be safe and let someone play test it first.

Maybe more detail to certain sectors, I didn't see that many windows with an outside view.

Bigger doesn't always make an map better, smaller maps can be just as addictive to play imo.

Did it work with your music track.

Okay I made them 2x, I hadn't planned on making any windows since it's underground mostly, it's mainly an indoor level, I have alot of other ones that are outdoors and the level that's supposed to come before this is a lot. The levels not huge, just big for my first wad.

I will try swapping the tracks when I get home.

Impclaw its in my thread in WADS and Mods, Altar of Flesh.

*BUMP*

I just wanted to say, this worked thanks!
though I don't think the music fits, still working on the right one.

I'm thinking maybe DOOM or the music from Bloodfalls, don't know the name. I'm listening to the tracks right now, maybe the music from map06 would work too.

cut me a break man, it's my first map I just want to get it released and not get bogged down in detail or my work on it would never end, I've seen blander levels so it's okay.