Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BuffGUh

maybe i should change my name or something.... :p

well..... i just finished playing zdaemon and just because my name is BuffGUh, it seems that people asscociate me with someone who uses the bfg like no tommorow... and i get kicked.... oh well... sorry if you find this unrelated.... ;)

just because my name is BuffGUh, it seems that people asscociate me with someone who uses the bfg like no tommorow...

Really? I always picture you as some steroid-chugging queen.

Really? I always picture you as some steroid-chugging queen.

I suppose you're trying to get rid of some bad memories, eh, Lüt?

BFG whiners are sub-average or purely bad doomers who try to find any excuse they can for not being able to win. They usually claim that people who use the BFG are crappy doomers and then lose badly to the same person in a map lacking the weapon (something i've done to BFG whiners at least a few times).

The BFG exists to be used. You can't enter a server with maps that contain the weapon (virtually all of them) and then bitch when someone picks it up (fuck, a lot of these guys I meet use it and then complain when someone else kills them with it).

Besides, if they had real doom skills at all they'd realize that the BFG is not cheap at all and takes it's own brand of skill to maste. Fuck, the SSG and Plasma Rifle are probably cheaper weapons than the BFG ever will be.

I suppose you're trying to get rid of some bad memories, eh, Lüt?

And how do you suppose that?

Buffguh? the name Chewy springs to mind
As to Liam's input, I agree, BFG is a weapon it's part of the game. By saying "you are sad if you use bfg" you may as well say , "you are sad if you wall run, sad if you straffe run, sad if you use silent bfg/rocket" etc etc
The number of servers now running zdaemon, csdoom games + Doomserv + Doom connector = enough games running that do not have bfg in them , dwango5 map07 for eg, to allow users to pick what type of game they enjoy, don't join a bfg enabled game and moan about someone using bfg, it only has x amount of ammo for ferk's sake, go hide while he blasts off then kill him, that too hard?
[i]overuse of bold (c) fodders

BFG-whiners deserve a shot, eh... bfg blast, to the head. You are cannot be a good doom dm player until you learn to master that weapon (both using it and defending against it).

Besides, if they had real doom skills at all they'd realize that the BFG is not cheap at all and takes it's own brand of skill to maste

Quite true. But only 1 on 1. It can be a challenge to kill a single opponent with a bfg if you are all he has to worry about. In a free for all it takes little skill to rack up the frags. Just grab bfg and head for the nearest furball and kill away. Anyone can do that.

In a game with a half dozen players I'll use the bfg if the others are. If not then I don't. It's more fun to kill people with the rocket launcher anyway :)

I would like to think I do the same, I never pick up bfg and use it, I pick it up to add cells to plasma, unless someone else uses it, then that is my permission to use it and use it well :)

it seems that people asscociate me with someone who uses the bfg like no tommorow... and i get kicked....

Maybe...

1. You should have never mentioned what your name meant.
2. You should begin using the name RukkLUh and start using the rocket launcher more.

You are my opponent, but not my enemy,
For your resistance gives me strength
Your will gives me courage
Your spirit ennobles me
And, although I aim to defeat you,
Should I succeed, I will not humiliate you
Instead I will honour you..
For without you, I am a lesser man.

Fodders, thats deep right there. Its the creed that all DooMers should follow, but they probably will not.

Yeh Gangsta, it is my credo and I would like to think others could follow, after all it's not just a game as some would like to say, it's a major part of a lot of ppl's lives, some take it too seriously, some don't take it seriously enough, but some just abuse the talk function :)

BFG whiners are sub-average or purely bad doomers who try to find any excuse they can for not being able to win. They usually claim that people who use the BFG are crappy doomers and then lose badly to the same person in a map lacking the weapon (something i've done to BFG whiners at least a few times).

just like these mexicans. hell, they still think that we are fake, even though we pounded their ass in a clan match WITHOUT using the bfg.

oh, and ralph doesn't know how to keep his mouth quiet when he's spectating. i lost concentration because of his continous "YAY!!!".

well..... i just finished playing zdaemon and just because my name is BuffGUh, it seems that people asscociate me with someone who uses the bfg like no tommorow... and i get kicked.... oh well... sorry if you find this unrelated.... ;)

Were you talking about me? ;D
edit: i'm chewy's cousin, want a piece of me ;p

1. You should have never mentioned what your name meant.
2. You should begin using the name RukkLUh and start using the rocket launcher more.

prolly.... ;)

BFG

For deathmatch I don't like the BFG much unless the map is very open and I can hit a few people. If it is too easily obtained, that spoils it a bit, but that is not the fault of the weapon, it's the fault of the map. It is probably the hardest weapon in Doom to use effectively, I'd be happier using 40 plasma with the plasma gun which is much better for one on one... nothing feels worse than wasting 40 fuckin' up a BFG shot...

Do you know what I do when someone bitches about me using a BFG? Make a deal with them. If they use a BFG and you use a pistol, if you beat them, they quit whining. If they win, you leave. When you beat them they get really pissed off! In a few games they even left the game in a huff! :)

Maybe I should pick up Doom multiplayer again... haven't played it for years... back in the days of my 486!

The BFG whiners are plenty in Quake 2 and Quake 3 though.

Beating a BFG whiner in Quake 3 with a guantlet always shuts them up! :)

For deathmatch I don't like the BFG much

die

Dude. Read his post again. He said nothing about not liking other people using the bfg. He merely stated that he doesn't like to use it. And I agree, oftentimes 40 cell ammo goes further with a plasma gun than with a bfg. Firing the bfg, using 40 ammo, and fragging only one (or zero) opponents is a friggin waste.

For deathmatch I don't like the BFG much

die

*ahem*, Fuck You.

And thanks for sticking up for me stphrz :>, that's exactly what I meant. I'm not a BFG whiner, I just think it's not always that practical, that's all.

But it proves more effective most of time

I guess it depends on just whether or not you're any good with it, I have my good days and bad days with the BFG, it's just one of those things.
It sure is sweet when it works, though, I'll say that... :)

download some Anders vs Ocelot demos from DSDA and see how the bfg _should_ be used. Damn they are good.

HERE YOU GO, WHINERS!

Also check out Adam Hegyi's FFA demo on d5m1 against Sedlo, FX, and Waldon, he has excellent BFG moves. If anyone of you wanna see one of chewy's demo, i have it on my computer available as well.