Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

60 years is a long farkin time...

Noticed the date and thought "fark, 60 years ago Pearl Harbor got bombed" which made me wonder whether in 60 years time people will get up on September 11th and go "fark, 60 years ago Osama bin Laden made a wrong move"...

probably. More likely to be milestone dates like 50, 100 etc. hell, DW celebrated Doom's 5th bday...

You're assuming that you'll be not only alive but coherent 60 farking years from now, which is pretty bold considering you're already about 19, right? That's five years over your life expectancy I believe.

People remember WWII in much greater detail than the Korean War.

You're assuming that you'll be not only alive but coherent 60 farking years from now

you have no idea how many old grannies here ride around in cars, I swear, one almost ran me over the other day. My spanish teacher's 102 year old mom still drives her car.

I'll be surprised if HUMANITY is around 60 years from now, at the rate it's going (I just read the Martian Chronicles...awesome book). If it is however, I may still be around...the average life expectancy for my family is about 85...nutty, but true.

Danny boy, I'm surprised humanity hasn't destroyed itself already! We've always come less than a button-push away from blowing ourselves to hell in a handbasket, with the scare of nukes and all.

In a way, I actually wish there WAS no humanity. I'm doing so bad in school, and no one belives a word that comes out of my mouth. They never want to consider my opinions anyway. You know how many times a dday I contemplate suicide? Let's just say it would take every one in the world's toes and fingers at least TWICE to get an accurate count.

Sorry, don't mean to disturb anybody by that comment. But the strange thing is, I'm not depressed! I'm just tired of living in the human world. My experience on this world has been long enough. Maybe it's time for me to move on to another universe.....

when i first saw the title of this post, i thought it had something to do with duke nukem forever...

actually, if people are still around in 60 years, the world will be a bad place to live. it's bad now, and it's getting worse all the time.

Danny boy, I'm surprised humanity hasn't destroyed itself already! We've always come less than a button-push away from blowing ourselves to hell in a handbasket, with the scare of nukes and all.

In a way, I actually wish there WAS no humanity. I'm doing so bad in school, and no one belives a word that comes out of my mouth. They never want to consider my opinions anyway. You know how many times a dday I contemplate suicide? Let's just say it would take every one in the world's toes and fingers at least TWICE to get an accurate count.

Sorry, don't mean to disturb anybody by that comment. But the strange thing is, I'm not depressed! I'm just tired of living in the human world. My experience on this world has been long enough. Maybe it's time for me to move on to another universe.....

INTERESTING, even though you and I usually take turns slugging it out, this is an area where I can say

that

I

agree

with

y-y-yo-you.

I have considered suicide MANY times, more so recently. And I too don't THINK that I am depressed (I admit, I am doing OK in school), but who knows, depression can take on many forms I suppose.

Yes, I too am fed up with the human race, and I said this once before: Nobody consulted me as to my desire to be a part of it, thus I should at least reserve the right to withdraw from it. I have no faith in large groups of people.

Yes, I too am fed up with the human race, and I said this once before: Nobody consulted me as to my desire to be a part of it, thus I should at least reserve the right to withdraw from it. I have no faith in large groups of people.

Fah, that's so baby-like. I'm depressed and I haven't even thought about suicide. Life can be a bitch, true, but that's ultimately based on your actions.

Fah, that's so baby-like. I'm depressed and I haven't even thought about suicide. Life can be a bitch, true, but that's ultimately based on your actions.

Consider yourself either lucky or ignorant, which ever keeps you entrenched in your fantasy land.

Hey, I'm happy in my so-called fantasy world. And that's what counts, afterall.

Happiness is relative.

Noticed the date and thought "fark, 60 years ago Pearl Harbor got bombed" which made me wonder whether in 60 years time people will get up on September 11th and go "fark, 60 years ago Osama bin Laden made a wrong move"...

Wait, who's Osama bin Laden?

Hey, I'm happy in my so-called fantasy world. And that's what counts, afterall.

Happiness is relative.

Yep, you're right about that one. ALL of our worlds are blithering fantasies, not any one is more real than the other.

Wow. For once I feel happy. I havn't considered suicide for years. Damn. Well, instead of hating the world, I instead plan to overtake it one day and design it in the image of my view of Utopia. Well, one has got to have goals.

...smile on your brother everybody get together BLAM BLAM BLAM not in my world you don't motherfucker!!

I don't think I'd live beyond 50 which is why I said people in 60 years time, not me in 60 years time... and pretty close with the age guess, I'm 20.
I'm more of the opinion that no, I didn't ask to be a part of humanity, but instead of wallowing around saying "I wanna kill myself so I don't have to be a part of it", I'd rather take steps towards fixing it.

I'd rather take steps towards fixing it.

that's always a noble point of view, but at this point is it repairable?

it's repairable if we get rid of the corps who are controlling our gov'ts and if we stop polluting/over populating this planet which we don't deserve.

But don't commit suicide, guys. It would play havoc with your post count =)

Seriously, I've been low before, and something usually happens that makes you smile, and willing to go on playing ball for just a bit longer. right now it's a girl, next week it could be, I dunno, Millenium getting released :)

oh, and deadnail w3rd? Well there's a thing...

right now it's a girl

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Ha.

You don't live in the U.S., do you?

Hmmm...I forgot about that. Yesterday was the 60th anniversary of when the JAPS bombed Pearl Harbor.

You people are talking like human life is completely intolerable and death would be a release. But instead of doing anything practical, either toward making your life better or making it end, you're sitting here, talking coffee-house politics, jerking off intellectually, and making fun of people who have positive outlooks on life.

I fail to see your logic.

Everybody thinks seriously about killing themselves at some point in their life. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it.

y-y-yo-you

Sorry, that dday, was a typo. Why edit a post for one letter?

I know, I wasn't trying to mock you, I did that for the effect.

You people are talking like human life is completely intolerable and death would be a release.

It is. And it would be.

But instead of doing anything practical, either toward making your life better or making it end, you're sitting here, talking coffee-house politics, jerking off intellectually, and making fun of people who have positive outlooks on life.

Practical = 4.72 GPA, 9-year professional martial artist, tries to pretend that I know programming languages. I'm trying, make no mistake about it. I am also thinking, and my conclusions make me shudder at the thought of living to see tomorrow.

I fail to see your logic.

I've written about all of this, I can send you my findings if you wish to become immensely bored.

I'll save my rebuttal until after I read Shady's findings. Until then, I leave you with this.

There's a place where everyone can be right,
Even though you remain determined to be opposed.
It requires no qualifications,
It's where everyone has been, and where everybody goes.
So please try not to be impatient,
For we all hate standing in line,
And when the farm is good and bought,
You'll be there without a thought,
And eternity, my friend, is a long fucking time.

I think it makes sense, don't you?

I'd rather take steps towards fixing it.

that's always a noble point of view, but at this point is it repairable?

'Blessed are the poor, for they shall inherit the earth,
Better to be poor than a fat man in the eye of a needle',
And as these words were spoken,
I swear I hear the old man laughing,
'What good is a used up world,
And how could it be worth having?'

-Sting, All this Time