Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

New pic of the Pinky "demon"

Okay...if they have the technology to make his lower torso a robotic wheelchair, why exactly didn't they give him robotic legs instead of wheels or something? I mean, even tank treads look like they would function better than whatever it is that guy has for a lower torso. I imagine getting through doorways with that thing in place like the UAC Mars facility must be a bitch, unless they force him along "handicapped accessible" pathways. I can totally see the pain a guy like "Pinky" must go through...

Pinky: Why couldn't I get to the party in the lower rec room last night?"

Some Guy: Because you're a cripple, er, there were no handicapped routes open last night. *snickers can be heard in the background*

I consider this a step forward. Existing wheelchairs, motorized or not, still require hands to operate. "Pinky" could, theoretically, operate his wheels without hands, enabling him to lift heavy objects or operate two-handed objects without stopping.

Maybe the technology it uses is similar to those "revolutionary" scooters that came out a few years ago that noone cares about anymore

I guess the wheel chair suits it's environment. Treads would be to heavy, and legs too slow, this guy can get places, fast and nimble, besides he's only travelling through offices.

Hmm, that's true. I never thought of that. Still, the wheelchair looks silly and cumbersome to me, but I guess having freedom to move and mobility is more important than looks.

Janderson said:

But we're all missing a key point here people.......Where is his piss hole?

He unscrews from the base, switches out the piss container, replaces it with the spare one that came free with the kitset, and puts the other aside for the cleaning staff to wash.

More interestingly, whose that brunette holding his arm that dissapears in the subsequent photo's? either someone who didnt give a crap about him and let go, as in a "unique" assasin making sure he went down. or someone who really should not have been photographed with the president in the first place? (as in a mistress/location whore) i heard that those things are dangerous and once they lose power there huge paper weights. dont you have to take some kind of training course before you can even purchase one? (witch of course the man in question would never have shown up for, he has a habit of avoiding somethings to be somewhere else)

This is getting seriously retarded, seems that the rumour is true. Mutants like these would fit much better in a Wolfenstein movie. Now turn The Rock into the cyberdemon and we have the full set.

Mancubus II said:

It appears more like he's having a spot of trouble getting on rather than riding then falling off. But then again I would expect an alternate interpretation from you...

Actually he forgot to switch it on.

That guy can't be the pinky. They already showed a cg pinky and it looks exactly like the Doom3 version.

Earlier this year, they mentioned a character named Pinky who was a human in a high tech futuristic wheelchair..Perhaps that cg pinky is the mutated version? Hmmm..

How is that considered the pinky demon? It's a guy with half his body attached to a wheelchair! That Doom movie is looking worse and worse.

baronofhell said:

Earlier this year, they mentioned a character named Pinky who was a human in a high tech futuristic wheelchair..Perhaps that cg pinky is the mutated version? Hmmm..

Congratulations! You a winna! And for what may be a historical first, I actually agree with Ling - it looks pretty cool.

The rest of you: I can't believe you didn't pick up on this. He mutates into the Pinky shown in the trailer. And who knows why he's called Pinky. My Dad has a friend nicknamed Moose. I've known him all my life and to this day have no idea why he's called that. Hell, there aren't even any Moose in New Zealand.

OK I think this guy and his robotic lower half looks pretty cool. What I DON'T get is this ridiculous name for the "Demon" -- "Pinky"! The Pinky name came about thanks to the awful Doom books, and I had hoped that that would be the last I ever heard of it... D'oh!

And now, even worse, we have to put up with some guy in the movie who's nickname (for some mind-bogglingly bizzare reason) happens to be "Pinky"?!. Am I the only one who finds this idea to be completely and utterly laughable? Next thing you know, they'll trot out some tall lanky guy with red pants who's nickname is "Revenant".

I was hoping they'd have that hooker that gets choked to death in Natural Born Killers play Pinky. She fit the name better.

DaJuice said:

That guy can't be the pinky. They already showed a cg pinky and it looks exactly like the Doom3 version.

baronofhell said:

caco_killer said:

How is that considered the pinky demon? It's a guy with half his body attached to a wheelchair! That Doom movie is looking worse and worse.

read this thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33547

Trilinear said:

And now, even worse, we have to put up with some guy in the movie who's nickname (for some mind-bogglingly bizzare reason) happens to be "Pinky"?!.

Well me AND my dad were both nicknamed pinky in school (I because of sun burn in the desert) so stfu. Anyway sounds like you are just looking to bitch about the film cause it is 'ruining my favourite game!'

And come on caco killer that's the pre mutation Pinky. Keep it together. [edit] /Looks at quotes in above post... ARE YOU ALL KIDDING? /pulls out glock... SERIOUSLY?