Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tobester

Classic Win 3.1 Game(s)

I've been searching for a game for about 3 years now, and it took that win95 post to make me realize i could probably ask here!
Back when I had win 3.1, there was an old program (not entirely sure if it could really be considered a game or not) called "Engine" (i think). It shows you a picture of an engine, you hit the ignition and it tells you what happens, ie, grinding sound, or the engine chugs for a second and quits, or nothing at all. You have a list of parts to repair/fix/replace/whatever, and you click on what you think is wrong.
if you're right, it starts up, if your wrong, probably not. Anywho, any help in finding this would be much appreciated :)

I vaguely remember that engine game myself. surprisingly theres a lot of windows 3.1 era games converted over so they can run under nt/xp. i recently played "SkiFree" and an old dos flight sim called "corncob-3d" that i used to play on an old 286.

Regen said:

I vaguely remember that engine game myself. surprisingly theres a lot of windows 3.1 era games converted over so they can run under nt/xp. i recently played "SkiFree" and an old dos flight sim called "corncob-3d" that i used to play on an old 286.

I loved the suspended runway level in that game. I'm suprised that it could run on a 286...

AgentSpork said:

Here's a bunch of old Win3.1 games. This includes games like Jezzball, SkiFree (as linked above), Pipe Dream, etc.. Oh, and Jezzball is awesome.

You do realize, that's part of Micro$oft's sold Entertainment packs, which are probably still sold.

Corncob was never a windows game btw, and this is my favorite part of it

I still have a SHITLOAD of win 3.1 games still installed... yay for microman, comet busters, wintrek, amazeing, etc

Regen said:

It can even run on an xp machine by downloading the file here: http://www.classicgames.org/game/Corncob3D.html
yep i ran it from a 5-1/4" floppy too. no hard drive on that monster whatsoever.. a hyundai super "T" 286. (though i did get it a 20meg mfm external drive w/ controller card later on)

Heh, I volunteered at a place that dealt with old hardware. They would get 286 harddrives on occasion .. fuckers were huge and heavy. It was all too much fun to smash them to pieces. :P

Haha, I remember Corbcob. My friend had that, and I thought it was kind of funny how all the bosses were glowing spheres.

I'm almost certain thats it. Thank you Jonathan. I'd let you have me if you were nearby.

Now to get the damn thing to work.

If it's Windows based, there shouldn't be any problems as far as I know. Anyone here ever play Dare to Dream from Epic Megagames? That's 3.1-based, and on a whim I decided to try and reinstall it on my XP systems. Worked like a freakin' charm, I was so amazed.

All I get is:

ENGINE caused Segment Load Failuer in module VBRUN100.DLL at 000d:03F6

Choose close. ENGINE will close.

damt.