Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Capitalization Poll

myk said:

In Doom, Doom2 and Final DOOM's Doom2 setting joyb_speed to 29 in you CFG file will cause the player to always run.

Wasn't it 31?

I need to change mine, I thought that I used left shift cause I never think about it but today I noticed I use right shift the most!

fodders said:
Wasn't it 31?

31 works for both Doom and Doom2, but 29 will work as well, and also for the Final DOOM build.

I know people that never use the shift key and always use capslock even to type a single capital letter. For example, to type "Shoe", they would press caps lock, s, caps lock, h, o, e. When I see people typing like this it really makes me want to smack them upside the head.

I tend to use the right shift key almost exclusively when I'm typing. I never use caps lock, although I do use left shift to run when I'm playing games.

Edit: Upon glancing quickly through the rest of the thread, it seems like I'm just about the only person here who uses right-shift for typing and left-shift for gaming. That's pretty bizarre, but it could have something to do with that I taught myself how to type before computer class was even being considered as part of my grade school's curriculum. Or else it could have something to do with the fact that I'm left-handed. Who knows.

myk said:

31 works for both Doom and Doom2, but 29 will work as well, and also for the Final DOOM build.

I'm using 51 for everything.

EDIT: Nevermind, 51 doesn't work for Final Doom. I think I remember that annoying me. Well 29 works so that's cool.

Kid Airbag said:
Or else it could have something to do with the fact that I'm left-handed. Who knows.

I'd say so, since in either case the main hand is being used for the assorted keys while the secondary one stays at Shift.