Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Do we have knuckles in our toes?

Do we have knuckles in our toes?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do we have knuckles in our toes?

• Yes
    • No

I can't find any supporting or conflicting evidence. I never thought that it would matter, but all of this sudden this came up. I'll be busted without it.

I say we do. The foot and hand are surprisingly closely designed. That's why some who lack hands are able to use their feet with almost equal ability...with practice. I found this out making my first cyborg.

I'd think so - I mean, it's entirely possible to pick up and throw things with your feet, in addition to balling your foot up into a little fist (at least, the front part of it anyway) and kick people with the toe-knuckles (actually hurts the target more and you less, from my experience - and I was on the recieving end of it once).

Not specifically; but any joint with similarly protruding bone ends could be said to have "knuckles." The term is used for certain leg joints in some animals we eat, for example.

My vote is no, because language is defined by conceptual and phonetic relations made in usage, not by the ultimate physical similarities and characteristics of things referred to. We don't have fingers on our feet and our feet are not hands.

Considering that I can use my feet as third and forth hands, I'd say yes. I think it started when I learned how to play hacky sack and I got a lot of dexterity into my legs and feet. Now I can just pick stuff off the floor without even thinging about it if I'm not wearing shoes.

I'd say yes. If you do like Wild Weasel suggested and make a "foot fist", you will notice upon some examination of your toes and feet with your hands that the bones in your foot feel very much like the knuckles on your hands. Technically, scientists would give these toe knuckles a different name than just "knuckle", but for all intent and purposes it's the same thing.

yes, monkeys have clearly defined knuckles in their feet. So we do to, only receeded because we don't punch people with our feet anymore.