Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

what would be your dream frankensteined wad be made up of?

say for instance, it could have the graphics of so and so wad with the music of so and so plugged in with the monster placement of blahblah mixed with the story of thisandthat and stapled together with the architecture of etcetc.
what would your frankenstein .wad consist of?

Ok, the first half of the first level is completely black and white, then as you leave the laboratory you shift to true colors and then the rest of the wad is trying to escape the hordes of guards (imps, demons, etc) inside the large towering life-factory in the sky. I would really try to get the feel of descending a huge tower in the wad by really trying to squeeze in as many rooms as I can in a small area, and making all rooms have stairs you walk down. The levels would have a semi-linear feel, but still have "monster-mowing" arcade action.

I'd have the story of RTC with the weapons from Tainted Decorum (Unfinished DECORATE weapons mod of mine)with the architechture from the TNT series. Music would be from Zen Dynamics while new monsters would get imported from the Monster Resource WAD.

All the monsters from Nitemare 3D, aswell as those creepy curtain doors. The whole wad would take place in a giant library maze, where you *walk* around (running disabled) and kill said monsters with a wooden stake launcher and grenades with holy water. The music would consist of a badly composed midi version of ZZ top - Gimme all your lovin'.

The final boss battle against Frank himself (cue Mortal Kombat theme music) would take place on the roof of the library, where you must trick him into a giant beartrap to catch him. After he has been trapped, you must find the lighter and gasoline (lighter in the sewers, gasoline behind the old clock which moves when you remove a random book from a random shelf), while killing more Nitemare 3D monsters, and finally get out to burn the whole thing to the ground (cue Mission impossible theme).

I can't say OMGWPNS.wad, as that basically works with almost any level anyway.

Hmm... Toke's experimental maps with the detail of UDM3. Works for me(tm)

All the ethnic stereotypes from Batman Doom, the voice that says "can't get out that way" and the jawa scream from starwars doom, the leprechaun from the doom legacy team,scuba's city people from ghostbusters doom, the maps from sonic doom(the real nice sonic doom), the city maps from city.wad(i think it has the good city, don't rem), the content from all of the perverted doom wads, all the good car objects/sprites, the guns from Twilight Warrior. Then I would have Jive(doom legacy wads) compile everything to be released only for DooM legacy. It would be called "DOOM II: SAN ANDREAS".

The weapons and monsters from Obituary combined with the Eternal Doom levels would be pretty cool. Including interesting remakes of the epsiode1 levels , and the whole thing interconnected via hub levels :)

Patchwork Empire is already a kind of Frankenstein's wad, and works quite nicely.

I once tried playing Hell Revealed with STRAIN's modified monsters (-file strain.wad hr.wad -deh strain.deh). I can't recommend it, but it was certainly different. Don't even think of trying that with any maps that have SS Nazis though. :p

I'd make a Frankenstein mod where you play as the monster. You're created in a laboratory and your creator's disgust turns you into a angry vengeful person. You spend the game hunting down your creator to make his life a living hell.

The level designs of Equinox, combined with Realm of the Green Soul's atmosphere (and a touch of Doom 3 and Doom 64 for good measure), a set of weapons combining the best from Immoral Conduct, Batteries Not Included, and Bomb_X, the monsters from the Resource Wad, and the sound effects of System Shock 2.

I think Woe Without End is a pretty frankensteinish wad. I spent weeks crafting the story and world for the mod, and, lacking any graphical expertise, just grabbed all the graphics I could find from wall sorts of weird places. I wish I had Foreverhood-esque graphical power. Then I could tie everything together in one unfied theme. But it's stuff from everywhere for me, I guess. At least my story aint about godlike emotions. Trippy.

TheDarkArchon said:

I'd have the story of RTC with the weapons from Tainted Decorum (Unfinished DECORATE weapons mod of mine)with the architechture from the TNT series. Music would be from Zen Dynamics while new monsters would get imported from the Monster Resource WAD.

Lovely