Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chainsaw

Example Zdoom maps

I cant be bothered to trawl through the IDgames archive, so can anyone recommend any zdoom maps with really good detailed design and/or good scripting, the former being more important. Just alot of the maps I do find have little or no scripting in them.

...which is unfortunately not suitable for examining the scripts. The source hasn't been released. If you just want to have a look at how it works it is good though.

Here you will find a list of ZDoom WADs. For examining script sources I recommend:

Super Sonic Doom
007 License to Spell Doom
The Darkest Hour
Dawn: A Prelude
Hell Factory
The ZDoom Community map

These contain a rather large amount of scripting but nothing too complicated.

If you want to see really complex scripts you might check out Daedalus. But the scripts are a separate download you have to get from http://www.teamtnt.com .

If you want some well detailed maps but don't care too much about scripting, these might be good:

The KZDoom series, especially KZDoom7.
The Torment and Torture series
Void

...and if you'd like to see how all those great features can be perfectly wasted nothing's more suited than

Doom Rampage Edition.

Graf Zahl said:

...and if you'd like to see how all those great features can be perfectly wasted nothing's more suited than

Doom Rampage Edition.

Ouch

TheDarkArchon said:

Also check out Chosen by Lil' White Mouse.

I second that. I need to send her a fanboyish email sometime screaming, "OMFG SEQUEL PLZ!!!!!!!!111u24u2ih2ij"