Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
leileilol

FreeHeretic

(Stupid and obvious dumb name I know)

atm i'm unable to continue "hosting" Freeheretic as well as providing an unsuccessful development area and methods, i can't even get my incoming ftp to work at all.

It might have a name change as well, as "Freeheretic" isn't fantasyish and does not make sense, so probably refer it to fh. Also, the license of FH would be the same as Freedoom.

Every time I look at all the textures for Heretic, I keep thinking "this could be done quickly :D" heh, since there's so few and very few variants. The monsters and massive amount of sounds are probably the only biggies. There's 5 episodes in the latest Heretic patch, thoughthe last two eps could be scrapped or as dm map extras or so.

In short, I'm a lazy arse and I want you to manage a deutex tree as a branch under Freedoom.

However as in hosting the actual web site and not the development area, I can do that just fine. I'll just have to remanage the news to use a news system instead of a forum feed.

If the monsters turn out like in Doomuc you can call it Erectic.

I have no problem with that. I am currently re-working the build system somewhat and I'd be happy to accommodate FH in it.

If you sign up for an sf.net account I'll add you as a developer to the freedoom project, so you can poke around too.

Oh, regarding FTP, I think I'll setup an anon drop on alcopop.org for freedoom (recent changes at sf.net broke our wiki-based upload system) and there's no problem having FH stuff go there too.

i'm already chuggling along on the texturing

My methods of map texturing is painting (the stuccos are painted back there), photosource (the rock and dirt) and synthesis (the water), and i'm kinda inconsistent