Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Has anyone made a mod where enemies secondary death involves flying gib objects

Zdoom. I was mostly just curious though, not sure I'm gonna try it just yet, my skills are pretty weak.

are you using EDGE? will the gib artifacts stick around or no?

Xanthier said:

Zdoom. I was mostly just curious though, not sure I'm gonna try it just yet, my skills are pretty weak.

You could do it with zdoom, maybe, some bounce stuff spawned on death... I'm not sure though, I don't know zdoom stuff.

Xanthier said:

are you using EDGE? will the gib artifacts stick around or no?

Yes I'm using EDGE, and you can make the gibs stay forever or fade after time, or animate, etc.

Nick Perrin said:

Yes I'm using EDGE, and you can make the gibs stay forever or fade after time, or animate, etc.

You could do that with ZDoom's DECORATE
This uses the original Doom Blood Splat graphics, it bounces, and it
stays in the little splat for 200 tics before it "Splats" to the larger ones and then dissapears. Or it might splat when it loses enough speed, as I havent personally used this

actor gib
{
Height 1
Radius 1
Speed 12
+Doombounce //Bounces off everything and dies on contact with
//monsters and such (If it were a projectile),
// or in this case, if it loses enough speed.
States
{
Spawn:
BLUD A 200 //Stay as a small bouncy thing for 200 tics
Goto Death
Death:
BLUD B 6
BLUD C 6
Stop
}
}

It might not be perfect, and if someone wants to correct me, then by all means. And if it works well enough, and you want to use it, then use it.

Jon made this with dehacked for Legacy once. But it was more a Quake like gib.

Then Rellik made a more authentic looking Quake gib effect using gibs for a DM mod he made. It was quite cool. In that mod he also made the maps tuned to make the bots understand it to the max. It's quite fun.

Click me!

It took me quite a while to get that to work, all I did was make a shitload of decorate gibs and fire them all out in random directions (height and angle) at the xdeath state.

kristus said:

Jon made this with dehacked for Legacy once. But it was more a Quake like gib.

Then Rellik made a more authentic looking Quake gib effect using gibs for a DM mod he made. It was quite cool. In that mod he also made the maps tuned to make the bots understand it to the max. It's quite fun.

I did a quick search on both of these and didn't find anything; can you link me to them?

Mike

kristus said:

Well, the dehacked trick Jon made is from quite a few years back. When Legacy had just got decals iirc.

But Relliks DM project should be rather easy to find, it's based off of Free DM but is made for Legacy. (it uses FS and 3d floors for some things, I think it works with GZdoom aswell)
http://forums.newdoom.com/showthread.php?t=24649

Awesome, thanks. The file's not up anymore, though. Didn't show up on archive.org, either. Sadd. =[

Mike

el zee said:

Click me!

It took me quite a while to get that to work, all I did was make a shitload of decorate gibs and fire them all out in random directions (height and angle) at the xdeath state.

Jesus christ.. You sure have My attempt at doing that beat.

I tried some gib stuff, I'de post some screen shots but I've been having trouble.

The gibs are for zdoom and use decorate. They're part of a new zombie I made. The level is not finished but if anyone wants I can send it to you and you can reverse engineer the decorate stuff.

I'd like to see it shtbag.

Spork that's not bad, love your maps btw...where do you get your skies?

el zee: really excited about your ROTT project!

Xanthier said:

I'd like to see it shtbag.

Spork that's not bad, love your maps btw...where do you get your skies?

el zee: really excited about your ROTT project!

Dont forget 5hfifty, he's working on it as well

*BUMP*

I played that level shtbag, and it's really tough, with the low light level and all and those zombies throwing things at you( their hearts?) they are hard to dodge. but the gibbing is pretty cool and I'd love to know what the level is for, I like the theme. Couldn't get those bars to lower down in the ditch however, is that one of the parts that is not completed yet?

Xanthier said:

*BUMP*

I played that level shtbag, and it's really tough, with the low light level and all and those zombies throwing things at you( their hearts?) they are hard to dodge. but the gibbing is pretty cool and I'd love to know what the level is for, I like the theme. Couldn't get those bars to lower down in the ditch however, is that one of the parts that is not completed yet?

Yeah, those bars aren't completed. Its tough because I didn't work on gameplay yet. I might transform the level into an Evil Dead mod since I already have the dark atmosphere and the cabin. I've lost interest at the moment but I might start working on it again in the future.

that's a pity, I hope you take it up again, the atmosphere was very much not doom, in a good way. reminded me of RE, crossed with nightmare creatures for some reason.

If you've played the ZDoom community map, the monster "Stalker" from hexen/heretic has a secondary death which involves its head flying off and its arms falling off. If you check out my wad Swamp, I used this creature and see for yourself. Use berserk or even a rocket launcher to kill it; it should gib.
P.S.:This creature runs on a DECORATE format, the script for it may provide some help for you.

-Alando1