Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fanatic

Fanatical Productions

Guest Fanatic

Have at it: http://www.fanaticalproductions.net

Fragging Fanatical - October 1999

Sheesh, I can't believe it's been 2 years since that was released. Seems like maybe 8 months ago.

Guest Fanatic

I know what you mean. It's amazing all the crap I've done in 2 years. :)

/me marries Marc Pullen and has 3 kids named Fanatic, EDGE, and Doom

/me marries Marc Pullen and has 3 kids named Fanatic, EDGE, and Doom

Now THAT'S a scary thought...

Guest Fanatic

Ebola:

What happens when you click a song to download?

Should popup a window which downloads the MP3 right away, or you can click a link to download it if it doesn't start.

Works here in IE 5.x+.

Guest Fanatic

Oh, the DOOM site I wrote, essentially was scrapped. DOOM World does so much, I just don't think the one I wrote would get used at all. I don't even expect my music site to be used all that much to be honest, but I wanted to put something up for my music collections.

Hey Marc, I just listened to Catherine. Good stuff ;) I think from the technical aspects it's quite a deal better than Limits; the songs are more fine-tuned & intricate, and the production & mix sounds better. I still prefer the moods of Limits though.

I'm curious about the album cover images - it looks like you downsized them in MS-Paint. I have Photoshop, which is great for image resizings, so if you wanna send me the full-size cover I can downsize it with varying levels of smoothness. That way the texts won't get chopped up.

Works here in IE 5.x+.

It works for me in IE 4 too, although I'd prefer direct links to download the files. That might be the best idea, since pop-up killers are becoming more and more popular.

Guest Fanatic

I actually did the album image resize in PSP 7, they are good enough for me tho, no biggie. :)

The popup is more so I can track the downloads, but in a better method than 3D Downloads does (a total pain the arse).

I can do it without a popup, but I still would need to send the user somewhere else to get the tracking done.

but in a better method than 3D Downloads does (a total pain the arse).

Hm, isn't anything and everything better than 3D Downloads? ;)

I can do it without a popup, but I still would need to send the user somewhere else to get the tracking done.

It's no biggie for me, I just wanted to point out the issue with pop-up killers in case you hadn't taken that into consideration. Besides, wouldn't the server be keeping track of what files it sends where anyways? It should have a hit log, I don't imagine it would be hard to link the IP addresses to the username who logged in with that IP address.

Guest Fanatic

It's just easier to do it with Cold Fusion/SQL.

Also, sorry for the shutdown, but something is seriously wrong with my application settings that I can't immediately figure out. So for now, the site is shut down till I can fix it.

It was causing logouts before the session timeout had really been hit, and some other very bad things. I'll see if I can get it cleaned up and running tomorrow. And just when I thought I had everything ironed out....

Marc: the popup comes and gives it's little notice on the file. then when it's supposed to start download it goes into a 404, I think anyway.. I can't check now cause the site is down.

Guest Fanatic

Ebola:

Can you try again sometime today?

There were some messed up issues that I fixed this morning, and maybe I corrected the problem you were having.

Lemme know here or email me. :)

Ok I tried again and it's a "Cannot find server" error..

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Guest Fanatic

Which song were you trying to download?

Do you have MP3's set to load in a webpage, or in Winamp, or something else?

I did notice in my server logs someone was trying to play it as streaming audio, but my server isn't setup for that. But I'm not sure if that was you or someone else.

Fanatic

Just one more =]

Cool page, I like the menu.

Guest Fanatic

Oh, this will be my 666th post, won't it?

Am I evil? I guess I am. :)

congrats, I'm planning on getting there today or tomorrow. =]

Why is it that my posts alweys start the new page? it's been like that for the passed 3-4 times.

Marc: No. mp3 files arent even associated with winamp on my computer.

It's like that with all songs.

Guest Fanatic

Ebola:

So if you try this link, what happens?

http://66.149.133.64/media/limits/anger.mp3

Hmm, I made a test on my page with the 2 mp3's I got there. and it did the same thing.. Sorry to have bothered you Marc. Something strange must have happened with my system.. Whatever that might be.