Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

ROTT MUSIC

I just played HR and noticed the Rott music and so was compelled to look for it on the internet and I found it. But the thing is, I forgot how much I LOVE THIS MUSIC!!!

I don't know what it is about it but it is just so cool to me, it's different then most other FPS games music, like doom used a lot metal and unreal was a lot of techno, and wolfenstein was marching tunes, and I like them all, but this is just...different, I like it the best. Also reminds me of old school games, like some of contra, megaman and others.

These upbeat tunes make my soul soar. And the Boss music rocks, I'm in HEAVEN.

Yeah, Rott has an amazing soundtrack, especially for being MIDI. I used to want to have "You Suck" played at my funeral.

I was actually thinking about making my own mp3s of them just earlier this week off of my hardware synth.

Or maybe I'll remix one inside Reason.

On a side note, I remember creating a level for Rott once where the walls all had a height of just 1 (I think the two numbers I used in the corner were 1 and 2). The level used a sky, not a ceiling, and had the song "Run Like Smeg" playing in it. Having the ceiling that low, with the sky texture, and that song made for a rather interesting feeling that I haven't quite copied yet.

gargoylol said:

adagio for strings > *

I've since grown acustomed more to the remix done by DJ Tiesto than the Rott version done by Lee Jackson. It has more "punch" or "dynamic emotion" than the others, imo.

Yeah, the ROTT music is awesome. My favourite has to be stairs though.

DJ_Haruko said:
I've since grown acustomed more to the remix done by DJ Tiesto than the Rott version done by Lee Jackson.

I prefer Samuel Barber's version. :-P
Second to that, Ferry Corsten's is IMO best (Tiësto's remix seems to me as slighly too monotonous).

EDIT: BTW, are you sure that piece is in ROTT? I seemed to remember it, but after listening through most of the ROTT music yesterday I didn't hear it. I did hear Albinoni's adagio, though.

I have a map with stairs from ROTT in it..I decided to put it in as an update. if anyone wants the the map..send me a pm.

It's odd, I thought the music was silly and unfit the first time I played shareware ROTT, but it grew on me very quickly. Now I agree, as far as game soundtracks go it's one of the best, and gives the entire game great character.

Psyonisis said:

The music in that game is some of the best music ever created for games, period. I converted the mids into high quality mp3s for my regular playlist.

Toss here <3

Yes. Rise of the Triad has an amazing soundtrack. Too bad the rest of the game (minus a few things) is subpar. But really, I think the game was meant to be more humorous than anything else.

LUDICROUS GIBS!!!

I had some mp3s a while ago, but they didn't seem to sound as good. Maybe I was just used to the way my sound card plays midis, or the card used to make them was even worse.

I could probably track them down again...

rott was actually cool, my aunt got it at one point... i want to see if she still has it. I think she doesn't, which is unfortunate...

i like this music, thx :D

Fredrik said:

Only thing good about ROTT is HR.

Only good thing about HR is the music, which was from ROTT.

I don't know what sound card was used to record them. Ask Jdevlin, whoever that is.

Sounds like the Silverspring SoundFont, or something similar.

Psyonisis said:

The music in that game is some of the best music ever created for games, period. I converted the mids into high quality mp3s for my regular playlist.

Xanthier said:

HOW? how do I get mp3s, could I maybe borrow those? :)

I also made my own mp3s of ROTT. My favourite songs are "Mist Ache" and "CCCool" and "Work Day".
What you need to do that is the latest version of DosBox which has the WAV-output feature.
Go to: dosbox.sourceforge.net

Good luck and enjoy!

it DOES emulate doom's mus fairly well though. I'd record them if it wasnt so choppy..