Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

the name is poll... double '0' - poll.

Since there haven't been any polls lately, I've decided to start one.
If you are going to make a mod for any game, what kind of mod would it be? And what game are you making the mod for?

My choice > I'd make a slasher-mod for HL (2-player only! And it should look like 'Scream').
Let me explain: You've got 2 choices. You're either the killer or the victim.
The victim is trapped in a house (you play the victim in this example). The killer (some dude with a black cape, white mask and a knife) is played by someone else, and tries to get into the house to kill the victim. He only has a knife. The victim has lots of things to defend him/herself with. Chairs, kitchen-knifes, even a vase can be used as a weapon.

The only way for the victim to survive is to get out of the house (this should be hard), and run to a phonecell outside to call for help. Imagine you're in that phonecell, hurrying to call for help and you see the killer running up to you but your phonecall is not finished yet. =)

Now it's your turn!

The game engine hasn't been invented yet that can handle my idea for a heavily story driven 3rd person action adventure mod. It would also require some serious modding editability (a helluva lot more than just models and levels) and the ability to have a ton of shit going on without crawling to a standstill.

That pretty much rules out the Doom 3 engine. Lighting isn't so important for my idea, basic lightmaps would do just fine.

A believeable storyline that relies on spoken word and not shit you watch from afar.

One with characters you give a shit about.

One that doesn't have to rely on nudity, gore, or profanity to maintain my interest.

One that I'm glad I spent my download time to play.

My ideal mod would be basically a modification for any FPS with demons that created an entire eco-system, and behavioural patterns for every monster.

Basically, you could learn what the demons do, and why, and possibly use it to take advantage of them.

Or, if you pleased, learn the language of the intelligent ones. Befriend them. Learn their culture. Adopt their wisdom. Take them to ware. Then side with the opposition.

Uh, I guess it would be the same as deadNail's (There's your capital, bucko, heh) but based rather more firmly around believable monsters - as they're IMO always shit in games. No exceptions.

Demons creating their own eco-system? Hmmm... Nice.

Also, I'd like to see a mod where you can live in a world, that's totally free and realistic. You could go shopping, you could drive around, you could kill someone, you could go home, etc. But I know that there's a game coming out which does all these cool things. I think it's called something like Neocron(?).

Anyone else maybe?

yeah, it's Neocron...It's an online game.
It's cool...but it's an online game.

oh, well...

Try BattleZone 2.

Good Story
Intruiging Characters

And It is an awesome Game

It is A shooter.

It does have a major strategy element

But it is good

But what is it exactly that you'd like to see in a mod?

Pants.

Pants.......
jeez........

Quality Lut.
Quality

/me falls from chair and dies laughing

But what is it exactly that you'd like to see in a mod?

<Lüt>

Pants.

<deadnail>

A believeable storyline that relies on spoken word and not shit you watch from afar.

One with characters you give a shit about.

One that doesn't have to rely on nudity, gore, or profanity to maintain my interest.

One that I'm glad I spent my download time to play.

Damnit, I want NO PANTS in my mod. More gore! More profanity! More nudity! And, best of all, Kat as the main character. :-)

KILL KILL KILL !!!! you are right Katgut, but that
"Scream - MOD"
would be very nice !
I want to see more Horror - themes in Ego -shooters, but not like this fucking " Evil Dead Game ", that sucks.