Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dxvid

A New Machinima Site! - "Machinima Premiere"

Dxvid said:

I registered to make Doom fans aware of something that might interest them.

Isn't THAT advertising? You registered just to tell us about this after all.

I'd have not been so snippy if you had mentioned that you had DOOM machinima.... Please, this particular forum is for doom related topics. At least make the post belong.

Just an update to let you know that Machinima Premiere begins it's Awards series today! There are three categories, Bronze, Silver and Gold, covering monthly, 3 monthly and 12 monthly periods. So if you are a producer enter your movie now, you might be pleasantly surprised at what happens to it! If you are not a producer, come and see what the machinima community regards as the most highly rated movies!

http://mprem.ipsite.info/e107/news.php

Dxvid said:

I own Doom 3 and ROE and if you like you can watch my doom movie

Ninja_of_DooM said:

Isn't THAT advertising? You registered just to tell us about this after all.

Dxvid said:

No it's informing. Advertising is "to make aware of in order to sell".

Dxvid said:

Just an update to let you know that Machinima Premiere begins it's Awards series today! There are three categories, Bronze, Silver and Gold,

Oh, I see your game.

When you inform every doom forum of your video you think the votes will come flying in. When you get that Gold, you won't even have to advertise. People will watch your video with a price because, hey, its won awards. The word will spread. There'll be fan clubs, simply because it was the most popular, even the critical will have to agree simply because it's the cool thing to do. You will soon have a legion of fans and limitless funds with which to start your campaign of terror, and all you had to do was skillfully put a clip together and write a few pasteable passages into the internet... ingenious.

We're onto you.

Lol! It's a bit late now if I want to make money out of it, it's been free on the internet (and always will be as far as I am concerned) for nearly 6 months!

You'd think that would make a difference.

Here's how it works. You want to hang out and shoot the breeze? Fine. You want to say, "Hey, check out this thing I made."? Fine. We're good at telling people how crappy their work is.

It's a fine line in advertising, and even if you're not trying to make money directly, we're just a little bit techy about things like that.

DC

Dxvid said:

Lol! It's a bit late now if I want to make money out of it, it's been free on the internet (and always will be as far as I am concerned) for nearly 6 months!

Nevertheless my eyes will be glued open to your head. Beware of the shadows. grr.

I have just opened a sister-site to Machinima Premiere called the Online Machinima Film Festival. If you are interested in taking part in the festival, or are just curious to find out what it is about, please visit -

http://www.mprem.com/omf/news.php