Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Demon Hunter

New Government Marine Program

You know, eventually there will be a military post on Mars? Now all we need is a demon invasion and you got yourself a real life Doom!!! woohoo!!!

Danarchy said:

Heinlein would be proud.

Wasn't Heinlein anti-war, or is that just a rumor or something?

Edit: Based on the biography of Heinlein I just read, I'm not sure it could be argued he was anti-war, even though many saw him as being rather liberal.

Snarboo said:

Wasn't Heinlein anti-war, or is that just a rumor or something?

Edit: Based on the biography of Heinlein I just read, I'm not sure it could be argued he was anti-war, even though many saw him as being rather liberal.

I doubt that heinlein was anti-war; he was probably one of the few realistic sci-fi writers of his time, I'd say. At least slightly realistic; at any right, I would think Heinlein would be pro-war because without war, he'd probably have nothing to write about ;)

He also served in the Navy for a while, and believed in some of the military's concepts, such as friendship, loyalty, duty, and so forth. That is why I added that edit to my post. :)

Heh, I remembered back when I was a kid the nearest public library had a lot of old books from the cold war era detailing various weird spacecraft designs that had been proposed (but never realised). A suprisingly big amount of these harebrained schemes were huge monstrous orbital insertion pods for military use.

Little Faith said:

Heh, I remembered back when I was a kid the nearest public library had a lot of old books from the cold war era detailing various weird spacecraft designs that had been proposed (but never realised). A suprisingly big amount of these harebrained schemes were huge monstrous orbital insertion pods for military use.

This just prooves if someone thinks up a new invention, the person next to them will think 'Hey! I can use this to kill people!'

udderdude said:

This just prooves if someone thinks up a new invention, the person next to them will think 'Hey! I can use this to kill people!'

/Picks up walkman

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Janderson said:

/Picks up walkman

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

That's easy : Richard Simmon's "Jog it Off" or whatever casette tapes!

MacWadMaker said:

They better get training on how to survive on food in a tube.

People in the military already do that. What do you think MRE's are? ;)

All I know is that I wouldn't like to see that thing landing near my home :-P