Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shotgunmasacre2

1st Level of Megawad complete!

My first level for the megawad is complete! While there are minor things to change I believe that this level is a strong intro to the wad. look for a demo and I will post a link to it once there is a playable demo. If you have any ideas that will help the level to get stronger then send me an email and I will see to it that I make the changes to the level.

One more thing, I have to say that the level is still not on the internet yet. I will post a link once it is up and runing!

And the port?

EDIT: I just realized how early it is to ask that and therefore how stupid. My apologies. My excuse is that I enjoy megawads more than anything else and want to play ASAP!

But if this post should be deleted because of its uselessness, Mister or Miss Moderator, please do so.

The port that I have found works the best is legacy. In the beginning of the level one of the switches graphics looks to be chopped in two and placed on another texture, but I have made it look this way to distort the player.

Oh and hey, can you give me any info on a website that I may be able to post the first level on for free so I can get some feedback. I made a post on the editing part but nobody has replied to that yet.

Guardian said:

But if this post should be deleted because of its uselessness, Mister or Miss Moderator, please do so.

Many less useful posts have been left undeleted, so I'll leave it unless you really want it chopped.

shotgunmasacre2: Please learn to use the Edit button rather than making multiple posts. There is never a good reason to make two consecutive posts a few minutes apart.

Although this is supposed to be a solo project I still want to make a 32 level megawad that while the levels may not feature as much complexity it will harness the old days of excitment through difficulty and run and gun slaughterfests. That is my favorite thing to do is to run and just slaughter things!

Grazza:

I was more worried about it being a potential eyesore. If you're fine with it being around, it'll remind the guy to tell me what port he's going to use. ;)

Here, it is, the demo of the first level of play. While there are some thing to fix, it is fine. The level isn't that hard and fairly simple strructure, but i don't care. If you have and opinion on how to make the level better just send me an email

click here to make it download

Edit: Why isn't the file attaches? I put it as the attached file and it isn't coming up. Miss or Mister moderator please delete this thread and I am sorry for wasting your time. I thought that adding the file would bring up the wad.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. :)

First off, this board is for playback demos(playback recordings of a player playing DOOM), not playable map demos.

second, to answer your question(s):
You can upload the wad to a free webservice page... or an alternate solution(only if the wad is fully playable) is to upload it to the ftp archive (ftp.3dgamers.com).
Please read the Forum FAQ at the top of this page for more info...

third, there was a change in the server and the forum settings, you cannot attach a file in a post anymore. IF you have a playback demo, you can email it to a moderator to be posted.
My email: opulent@cox.net

Good luck.
ps. if it is a pretty small map, you can email it to me if you like.