Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragnew

Running the Eternal Doom Installer in Windows XP command prompt.

Hey guys, I just sat down again and was wanting to play some Eternal Doom. So I downloaded the zipfile, did everything that the Install txt said to do, but now I can't get the damn thing to install on my system.

It keeps on giving me an error that says something to the effect that "Runet" isn't a compatible program...

Does anyone know what I'd have to do in order to get the install program to work so I can just play Eternal.wad via a source port?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The file called eternall.wad can just be used directly with ports.

The two additional maps can be loaded as additional pwads: credits.wad is just the credits, and csweeper is a cybersweeper game. Run rancy.exe to randomize it again (otherwise it will be the same each time).

It's probably best not to use the one caco_killer linked to, as most of the files on Jive's site have been modified in various ways.

Grazza said:

It's probably best not to use the one caco_killer linked to, as most of the files on Jive's site have been modified in various ways.

He modifies all of the files on his site so they run in Doom Legacy in OpenGL mode.

To run Eternal DOOM on Doom2, add the missing sprites and flats to eternall.wad (might as well rename it) with DeuSF. Though I'd rather patch only the sprites and then just rename F_START to FF_START.