Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pure Hellspawn

Upheaval one-map release

Since no newstuff has appeared for over a month, I will release Upheaval as a one-map wad so everyone can have something to play with.

I hope you all enjoy it. School has been draining me of time. Hopefully I will have more time this summer.

http://www.maxgilman.com/files/part2.wad

EDIT: I forgot to say this. ZDOOM 2.0.96 required. I'm not sure whether 2.0.63 will work (I didn't test it with that).

Sorry man, but this really sucks. You make the player somehow kill three powerful monsters with nothing but a pistol, how the hell are you supposed to do that?

I can not even download this, just opens up a text file. But from reading the other comments and seeing your other "amazing" screenshots of this project, I can assume that it would just be a waste of time. Although this comment was sort of a waste too since it is longer than it needs to be.

Ouch....this is, well, bad, and you shouldn't be fooled into thinking it isn't.
Hellspawn, is this your first map? If it is, then I can forgive you, but if not: what the hell were you thinking?

For anyone wondering, the reason it's 6.6 MB is the entire zDoom Monster Resource Pack is shoved in along with a 144k map. Jesus, what a waste.

The map is some crap with a few square rooms and an enormous outdoor cavern with nothing in it. Why was this even released? Don't bother downloading it, folks.

Pure Hellspawn said:

I'm not sure whether 2.0.63 will work (I didn't test it with that).

It didn't work for me I got some decorate error, it seems this version doesn't support certain commands.
Seeing all the replies tells me I didn't missed much.
But hey its good there are decorate monsters in your wad, now I don't have to download the MRW anymore:)

This is my first 'serious' map. I just felt like I could throw something in to give people something to do since there was no #newstuff.

However, I did think the gravityless room was cool. ( I liked it)

Pure Hellspawn said:

This is my first 'serious' map. I just felt like I could throw something in to give people something to do since there was no #newstuff.

I forgive you since this is your first serious map, but you oughta try harder (MUCH MUCH harder) the next time you work on and release a map.
You felt like you could just throw a few squares together and jam the entire ZDoom Monster Resource wad into the mix just because there was no /newstuff? I don't follow your logic.

DooMBoy said:

I forgive you since this is your first serious map, but you oughta try harder (MUCH MUCH harder) the next time you work on and release a map.
You felt like you could just throw a few squares together and jam the entire ZDoom Monster Resource wad into the mix just because there was no /newstuff? I don't follow your logic.

This was done in July before the /newstuff incident.
I will also admit my ability with programming is much better than my designing ability. I stink at drawing other shapes, and that's why it's primarily squares.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to make another map (school has been draining me).

P.S. Did anyone see the polydoor and the gameshow?

P.S.S. Please visit my site, maxgilman.com and send me feedback on what you think about it. It's relatively new (just about a month old)

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but this wad is actually really fun to play. It's got some great gameplay and is funny as hell! Besides, it's only a beta :)

Just give it a chance, I think it's great! Keep up the good work.

Why do you have to be so agressive? You are not forced to download the wad, the author also doesn't have shity attitude like the gargantuan retarded. He just offered a map for us to play, if we like it or not is other topic.

Bloodskull said:

Nice one!

flaming people is the LAST thing a person as hated as you should be doing

TomD666 said:

just kidding i thought it was shit and fucking sucked

Gee thats something Bloodskull never heard.

Vegeta said:

Why do you have to be so agressive? You are not forced to download the wad, the author also doesn't have shity attitude like the gargantuan retarded. He just offered a map for us to play, if we like it or not is other topic.

I agree that some comments where harsh, but on other threads he would hype his little wad up, threaten to cancel it if a certain someone left, and plenty other things.

Vegeta said:

I wasn't forced to, I downloaded it under the impression it was actually something worth checking out. It wasn't. :P

Maybe if Pure Hellspawn admitted upfront that it was a bunch of square rooms with the entire zDoom MRP shoved in, I wouldn't have downloaded it in the first place.

TomD666 said:

Hellspawn, are you autistic?

Unless you are being serious, I take some offense to that, as I AM autistic, but only mildly so. I can communicate just fine on and off the internet.