Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeg-Vok

What do you do when . . .

When you have a mod that you would consider HUGE, competantly programmed (Thanks to lots of help, but still), and full of ideas you've never seen used before, and you have most if not all of it programmed, and you know what you have to do to finish it (Its about 75 - 80% done), but you just dont want to finish it, as it just involves making a leveltp showcase the new stuff, and adding sounds sounds. What do people do?

Let it sit for a day. The next day, I'll play the mod as it stands without any distractions. Eventually the motivation will come to me to finish up the parts that I didn't finish.

Most of my maps have all that little crap left out of them. Personally, I think it's wasted effort, but when I find the motivation to finish up, I'll upload them where ever, or just lend them out to some misc project.

I will use the few off posts I get on DW a year to answer this question (school keeps me too goddamned busy). By all means, take a break if fatigue sets in. Keep in mind, though, one day off becomes two, becomes five, then a week, then you've got a piece of nearly finished work on your hands that you can't motivate yourself to complete.