Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarkFoxSoldier20

I just noticed something

ducon said:

The blue symbol is a reversed pentagram.

How do you know it's reversed? Do you know which way the pentagram was drawn or made the first time?

Jimi said:

How do you know it's reversed? Do you know which way the pentagram was drawn or made the first time?

Yeah duncon, how dare you apply sensible logic based upon the origin of the enemy in the game to determine whether the pentagram is upside down or not?! My God man, you're on the internet. Show a little less sense and grasp on reality.

As for the original post. How can I put this. There's a poster for the movie Ong Bak in the window of my local video store. Fron a distance I thought it said Ding Bat. Need I say more?

Look, is the downside of a reversed pentagram at the same side of an upside down pentagram?
Everybody can measure the distance between the two pics but I can't measure the distance in your story.

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

See it now?

Yes, cause you drew it in.

It's a coincidence kid, nothing more.

Or, if we're still into conspiracy theories here . . . :-P

Did id have any 'say' in DOOM64's development. Says in the magazine I have it was developed/published by Midway, so . . .

Quake and DOOM are both id constructs. Why wouldn't they have references to both games in each other? Duke Nukem did it.

Guardian said:

Quake and DOOM are both id constructs. Why wouldn't they have references to both games in each other? Duke Nukem did it.

There is certainly some Quake influence in Doom 64. A lot of the tech textures seem similar to me. Midway copied Quake's horrible shotguns, the way they just shoot and have no reload animation. Why they did, I'll never know. I love Quake, but the shotguns are horrible.

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

Am I a kid to you?

Careful your insecurity is showing.

JoelMurdoch said:

There is certainly some Quake influence in Doom 64. A lot of the tech textures seem similar to me. Midway copied Quake's horrible shotguns, the way they just shoot and have no reload animation. Why they did, I'll never know. I love Quake, but the shotguns are horrible.

Well, believe it or not, but the mighty N64 didn't have enough memory to support all of the enemies in Doom 64, which is why four are missing (I read this on the Doom 64 TC site). I'm sure the fact that the enemies were significantly higher-res than the originals played a part. So, adding the extra frames of animation for the shotguns probably would have been pushing it as well. That's just what I think though.