Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLazenby

Did anyone else notice...

...that in "Quake 64", some of the 'new' music (to replace Trent Reznor's soundtrack) was just swiped from Doom 64? I believe that the same guy did the music for both games. The one that struck me right away was the music for The Vaults of Zin (level 14 I think), which is almost immediately recognizable from Doom 64.

On that matter, can whoever ripped the Doom 64 music for the Doom Depot site snag me the N64 music for Ziggurat Vertigo?

I had Quake 64 for awhile and I don't recall any of the tracks sounding like they were "swiped" from Doom 64, but certainly the music is along the same lines of dark ambience.

The Vaults of Zin music may be the only tune that's taken directly from Doom 64... I don't know, I haven't checked every level. The rest of the songs use a lot of bits & pieces from Doom 64 music though.

Yeah, I don't see it either :-)

At least Quake 64 was faithful to the original game... what the hell was up with the N64 version of Quake 2??? It didn't resemble the PC game whatsoever... It was cool though :-)

i thought that Quake 64 was alright...even if it was a little different :) who want to play te same game over and over anyways.

I hated Quake 2 for N64. It was too colorfull and didn't feel like the PC version at all. The Quake version on N64 was perfect though. The controls for Quake 64 were more suitable to it's movement then Doom 64 did.

The music in Doom 64 and Quake 64 were in the same genre. Music that suits the atmosphere and gameplay. Suits it like cherry pie. :) I also never noticed anything being swiped from Doom 64. Quake had it's own style of music. (Except for afew SMALL things anyway)