Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Corbachu_the_Hedgehog

Doom novels

Can someone please tell me wher I can get some Doom books (aka novels) for not a terribly high price? If the answer is Ebay or Amazon.com no way. Too expensive. I saw some screenies, and being the big doom blufs you guys are, maybe you could help me with this question. I have to make this short because my brother is whining like a 4 year old. PLease reply and SEEYA!

I hate anime. Oh, and the doom novels are bad too, I guess.

love of love
love of life
and giving, without measure

yeah, that's the shit

8====WD
8==W==D
8W====D
8==W==D
8====WD
8==W==D
8W====D
8==W==D
8====WD ~°
8==W==D ~° ~°
8====WD ~° ~° ~° <-- ALL OVER YOUR FUCKING DOOM NOVELS WHORE!

Hallo. Wie geht es Ihnen? Ich bin fein. Ich bin eine purpurrote Spülmaschine, die unter einem Felsen lebt. Ich herzlich lade Sie zum urinate in meine Ohren ein und stab mich wiederholt mit einer unterbrochenen Gabel. Ich habe ein schnelles gerbil, das ich vorbei geritten erhalten mag, wenn ich zum homosexuellen Biskuit gehe. Manchmal finde ich ihn erfreulich, um ein Bratenfettstachelschwein anzuzünden, bis flaming, einsetze es dann in meine anale Öffnung. Sie Geschlecht viel? Ich mag Geschlecht häufig. Geschlecht I mit verfallenem Pferd und den Algen, die ständig Fische essen. Manchmal wenn ich wie ein wenig whore mich fühle, erhalte ich inebreated und der Tanz, der vor meinen Haustieren blank ist. Die Katze scheint wirklich hungrigem es. Auf jeden Fall glaube ich diesem, um genug einer wirklich langen Einleitung zu sein. Ich hoffe, daß wir mit jeder des anderen Füßen für einen ausgedehnten zweiten uns verständigen können. Bevor ich gehe, Sie mögen Ballone? Ich mag wirklich Ballone, besonders die langen. Ich setze sie in mein Nippeldurchdringen mit meinem hangnail ein und inhaliere in sie, bis sie wie eine lunatic Ruhe explodieren. Es ist viele Jahrhunderte des ausdrücklichen Vergnügens, ich vermutet Sie Versuch es nie. So lang, mein schmutziger amerikanischer Freund.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE JUSTICE IN THE WORLD?!

my dirty American friend? How so, deady?

Corbachu are/were you Sonicthehedgehog? Cos it's getting just a wee bit tiresome...
I got the Doom Novels from Sci-Fi news for £3.99 each. If I'd paid anymore than that, I would have been seriously pissed.
Thankfully we were out of bog roll so the investment wasn't a total loss.
Do yourself a favour and don't even bother looking for them.

The number of sonic the hedgehog related names on this board is beginning to get disturbing..

um...how long has Deadnail been crazy? I musta missed something

anyways, the 1st 2 novels aren't that bad. never got my hands on #3, but I have #4 (haven't read it). I heard that 3 and 4 suck, but I dunno. Nowadays, I only see #1 in stores.

EDIT: oh yeah, they're in Sci-Fi section. I dunno how much they cost at Barnes and Noble, but thats where I got 'em

who's Deadnail? :)
deadnail has obtained particulary copius quantities of high-class ganje l8ly, so that might explain it.

Liam, my orchard story thread is fucked up so I can't reply over there, I wasn't really teasing you, just flippin' the bird 'cos you had a go for making a one-minute read.
Anyway, don't take it too seriously =)

Just go to a bookstore, if they don't have any go on ebay, I'm sure someone wants to get rid of them.

The number of sonic the hedgehog related names on this board is beginning to get disturbing..

Next we'll have Doom, the Echidna. When will the insanity end? It is disturbing!

-"Chao loooooves.... Metal Sonic who is sexy!" -Hino, the Chao (this is what it really sang)

disturbing!

Yes.

Knee-Deep in the Dead = What every DOOMer practically dreams of, storyline was OK, though as Lüt says, too redundant in many areas. Unfortunately, it wasn't very exciting since everybody knew what to expect. Not a bad nostalgia item though.

Hell On Earth = Here's where it starts deviating from the storyline. The first few chapters were with Fly and Arlene trying to figure out how to make a rocket to take them off of Deimos. When they get on Earth, they meet up with the Mormons (don't ask me why). Albert tries to hit it on with Arlene, loosely speaking. More redundancy like in the first one (all Fly talks about is "the little voice in the back of my head"). Lots of talk and chit-chat, along with a lot of useless adventure. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 5, I'd give it a 2.

Infernal Sky = Starts in Hawaii where the HQ of the "resistance" is at (think of the Rebel Alliance in Star Wars). More of a love story between Arlene and Albert. Humans get a message from a race that claims to be on our side. "Sears and Roebuck" explain that the "Freds" have been waging this wargame for centuries. From there, the story just goes way off track and makes little sense. Albert gets injured near the end and must be left behind. When Fly, Arlene, and Hidalgo reach the "Fred" ship, the mission is accomplished, but there's no turning back. They talk about relativity in the novel, and that has something to do with it. IOW, Arlene will never see Albert again.

Endgame = As I said in one of my earlier posts, eating shit would seem appealing to reading this one. OMFG, this one goes WAYYYYYYY off track. Fly and Arlene land on the "Freds'" homeworld only to find out another race has taken them over. This race they call the "newbies". They crash on another planet to find humans from what they consider the future. English has new words, and humans are scared shitless of death. The sequence of events is messed up when the "newbies" capture Fly and Arlene and put them in a state of mental torture. They re-live the experience on Phobos. They wake up, find their way back to Earth (which is about 500 years after they left), and when Arlene finds something about Albert in the new tabernacle, it leaves you hanging for the rest of your life because the next chapter goes back to Fly and Arlene in the state of mental torture. I won't even begin to say how confusing it is after that. All in all, I rate this book a -20 on the 1 to 5 scale. Where was the DOOM in all that?

Now, I know that these books were nowhere near prize-winning, but that's all the reason WHY I'm not as harsh about them as most of the guys here are. If you know it wasn't meant to be a legendary piece of literature, then why scorn it so much? I only got them for something to read and just for the sake that they're based on the greatest game in the world IMO.

The greatest game in the world deserves a better tribute in terms of literature. Anyone over in fan fiction could write a better series.
Endgame wasn't just the worst sci-fi I've read, it was comfortably the worst printed novel I've ever read. They shouldn't have let it carry the name Doom, it was sacrilege, just sacrilege.

If you know it wasn't meant to be a legendary piece of literature, then why scorn it so much?

Well they say on the cover "PART # OF A LEGENDARY SPACE OPERA!".

-"Chao loooooves.... Metal Sonic who is sexy!" -Hino, the Chao (this is what it really sang)

disturbing!

Yes.

That -is- disturbing. I have a weird Chao... Hino is crazy, that mechaphile... *shudders with disgust*

At least it didn't say Eggman is sexy. That'd be even -worse-!

PART # OF A LEGENDARY SPACE OPERA!".

Oh.... Gods. That explains a bit. It's a soap opera, which don't necessarily need working scripts or charcaters that have a thing to do with the plot.

The first few chapters were with Fly and Arlene trying to figure out how to make a rocket to take them off of Deimos.

"Freds"

Fly and Arlene land on the "Freds'" homeworld only to find out another race has taken them over. This race they call the "newbies". They crash on another planet to find humans from what they consider the future.

Sweet merciful Christ.

If you know it wasn't meant to be a legendary piece of literature, then why scorn it so much?

Well they say on the cover "PART # OF A LEGENDARY SPACE OPERA!".

heh, so true.

/me goes off to dig up Endgame...

Right, this is from the back of the pos;
"DOOM is the video game phenomenon that forever changed the home entertainment medium. ENDGAME is the fourth in a series of brand-new novels which go beyond the original electronic masterpiece to create an all-new science fiction universe, epic in scope and all-too-terrifyingly real...

all-too-terrifyingly real..."

too true, here it is in my hands like fresh poop...

sweet merciful Christ.

yep, that about sums it up.

The first few chapters were with Fly and Arlene trying to figure out how to make a rocket to take them off of Deimos.

"Freds"

Fly and Arlene land on the "Freds'" homeworld only to find out another race has taken them over. This race they call the "newbies". They crash on another planet to find humans from what they consider the future.

Sweet merciful Christ.

Mwahahahahha! Thank God there ain't no Josh in those printed bundles of toilet paper. =)

have you got/read them deady? If not, I can recommend them for remedy of everything from chronic depression to acute constipation.
heh, they ought to carry a WARNING: LAXATIVE EFFECT label on the front ;)

have you got/read them deady? If not, I can recommend them for remedy of everything from chronic depression to acute constipation.
heh, they ought to carry a WARNING: LAXATIVE EFFECT label on the front ;)

Hey, and afterwards, you can use the book to wipe your ass and clean up the mess. What convenience!

ROFL LMAO OGIJSM

love of love
love of life
and giving, without measure

yeah, that's the shit

Hippie-Speak!!

8====WD
8==W==D
8W====D
8==W==D
8====WD
8==W==D
8W====D
8==W==D
8====WD ~°
8==W==D ~° ~°
8====WD ~° ~° ~° <-- ALL OVER YOUR FUCKING DOOM NOVELS WHORE!

Hallo. Wie geht es Ihnen? Ich bin fein. Ich bin eine purpurrote Spülmaschine, die unter einem Felsen lebt. Ich herzlich lade Sie zum urinate in meine Ohren ein und stab mich wiederholt mit einer unterbrochenen Gabel. Ich habe ein schnelles gerbil, das ich vorbei geritten erhalten mag, wenn ich zum homosexuellen Biskuit gehe. Manchmal finde ich ihn erfreulich, um ein Bratenfettstachelschwein anzuzünden, bis flaming, einsetze es dann in meine anale Öffnung. Sie Geschlecht viel? Ich mag Geschlecht häufig. Geschlecht I mit verfallenem Pferd und den Algen, die ständig Fische essen. Manchmal wenn ich wie ein wenig whore mich fühle, erhalte ich inebreated und der Tanz, der vor meinen Haustieren blank ist. Die Katze scheint wirklich hungrigem es. Auf jeden Fall glaube ich diesem, um genug einer wirklich langen Einleitung zu sein. Ich hoffe, daß wir mit jeder des anderen Füßen für einen ausgedehnten zweiten uns verständigen können. Bevor ich gehe, Sie mögen Ballone? Ich mag wirklich Ballone, besonders die langen. Ich setze sie in mein Nippeldurchdringen mit meinem hangnail ein und inhaliere in sie, bis sie wie eine lunatic Ruhe explodieren. Es ist viele Jahrhunderte des ausdrücklichen Vergnügens, ich vermutet Sie Versuch es nie. So lang, mein schmutziger amerikanischer Freund.

No.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE JUSTICE IN THE WORLD?!

THAT'S JUST IT!! THERE IS NONE!!!

Missing a source port?
ZDOOM | Legacy | EDGE | PRBOOM | DOOM3D | Vavoom
And of course, the MyDoom Frontend!
Check Out My Favorite Links too: Staind | Doomworld | The Episode 5 project

you can order them from any bookstore, i know, because that was my first step to finding out what true craps looks like in print. i wouldn't worry about the cost, they'll probably pay you to take them...