Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
thepooslice

ZDoom

ZLauncher is the Zdaemon launcher, not a launcher for Zdoom.

To run wads with Zdoom, I always just open up a dos prompt and type zdoom -file *insert wad name*.wad

Make a shortcut for ZDoom.exe, then select the shortcut's Properties, click the Shortcut tab, and in the Target box, add "-file ****.wad" to the end of the command.

100th post! (since going positive again) New sig link! Kewl!

Make a shortcut for ZDoom.exe, then select the shortcut's Properties, click the Shortcut tab, and in the Target box, add "-file ****.wad" to the end of the command.

WTF? That won't work, surely? It won't be a valid filename...
I do what Liam does.

pooslice

ROFL

WTF? That won't work, surely? It won't be a valid filename...

Yes it works.

The easiest way to play WADs imo is placing a shortcut to the doom executable on the desktop, then all you have to do is drag-and-drop the WAD icons to it :)

(works with BOOM and newer)

I used "open with" on wad and selected zdoom and "always use this to open this file type", now you just double click on any wad and it loads in zdoom

hey, the shortcut thing does work! Well, there's a thing.
congrats to fodders on making the big 1500...

I just did what fodders suggested... That does work quite well.

Maybe I should pull out those crap-tastic Doom icons I made a while back. :)

well I prefer what freddy suggested. Trouble is have to open the pwad directory first and there are literally thousands in there... lol

I don't trust ZDoom launcher anymore. Every time I try to delete and re-unzip it, nothing comes up on the IWAD selection. So I just finally dumped it for good. For awhile I had to resort to good old-fashioned DOS to load up wads, which is tedious for me since all my WADs are in a different folder than my DOOM directory. IOW, I have to type the full path for EACH WAD. It got tiring, so I finally downloaded King Elvis' MyDoom Frontend. Though I still see a few bugs in it (or maybe I'm just clueless), it's easy and more organized. I'm especially elated since I finally figured out how to configure other ports not listed in the database list on the install screen. Let's just say the letters RTFM helped me out a bunch.

It got tiring, so I finally downloaded King Elvis' MyDoom Frontend. Though I still see a few bugs in it (or maybe I'm just clueless), it's easy and more organized. I'm especially elated since I finally figured out how to configure other ports not listed in the database list on the install screen. Let's just say the letters RTFM helped me out a bunch.

Hey man, you found bugs? Please tell me more, so I can fix them :)

I did what frederik said which worked. i liked the fodders idea but my wad files are already doom files so i can't open with, just open.

You don't need to specify the -file parameter with ZDoom. So all you need to do is to drag the wad you want to run over the ZDoom executable.

/me raises his forefinger and inhales

Lüt and deadnail, not one fucking word....

/me exhales and sulks

/me raises his forefinger and inhales

Lüt and deadnail, not one fucking word....

/me exhales and sulks

well what do you do then, bigshot? Telepathically communicate with ZDoom and magic the darn wads open?
Oh do tell... =)

well what do you do then, bigshot? Telepathically communicate with ZDoom and magic the darn wads open?
Oh do tell... =)

Um, telepathically would assume that ZDoom has a mind I could communicate with. I'm not completely disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that telekenetically operating the computer would be a little less.... insane.

Anyway, I have my wads set up with a ton of right-click options, the default (for a double click) loading the wad right into ZDoom with the Doom 2 iwad.

However, that's pointless to state, since the last 3 or 4 betas of ZDoom have bombed out when you use anything to load files other than the command line.

It also doesn't help that ZDoom doesn't like my soundcard anymore and has turned crashy. =(

heh, at least your soundcard works most times. Mine has just decided to go off and probe it's own ass instead of doing it's damn job, so no music for me. :<

And ZDoom's pissing me off, lately hitting isn't increasing speed and I can't for the fucking life of me figure out why...
the keys are bound fine, the config file is fine, it just ain't working. Bah

That's more likely because Open With... is a function of WinME, XP, and 2K.

And Win95b.

Open With under any OS before WinME, XP, and 2K is only available by default if the file is not already associated.

hey thepooslice can I hit on your avatar? I'm getting fed up of being a Baron a want a change...
*hint* let's have an upload day soon, after Jan 5th when I get back....
yours is a p which is good for pritch ;)

you can configure win98se to have the "Open With..." command available to all files. i dont know exactly how, but you can get the Xteq X-Setup thing and choose the option. BTW, Xteq thing is awesome, i recommend it to everyone. you can customize win95, win98+se, win2000, winNT(i think) easily (hundreds of option things).

and this is NOT an advertisement. its just a mention.

It's not his avatar. PmRd or something owns it.

*snif* my pritchy avatar all ready to upload...

/whimpers

Maybe we should all switch to broken links as a protest. Kinda what Lüt's doing...

The "avatar" is Gate1m002.gif, if you're interested.

oh, thank God your doing it on purpose. I thought it was all coming to an end, I really did...

/wipes sweat off brow, goes to change avatar (again)