Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Need help making water... [and tinting it blue]

In the nutty wad they have a level all under water and tinted blue, I wanted to have an underwater passage that you fall into from a fountain thats tinted blue. So in other words I wanna make it so that it looks like you fall through water and end up waking through a flooded passage. I know it can be done and I have tried to mimic it, its just too damn hard. Im using Doombuilder, and I got it in Zdoom (Doom in Hexen mode). This is really frustrating me because the map is looking really good and this would make it ten times better, at least atmospherically. Also on a side note, how can I post screen shots for you guys to see? I would like to post some to hear your comments on how my projects are coming along. Thanks for any help in advance.

ok I have some pictures now that I will attempt to show you, however, I have new problem. The first picture is just to show you how I wanted to make the level have water. From there it flows down into the garden area.

However here is the trouble I cant make the water get tinted blue while you're underneath it. Right here im in the passage but no color see?

I followed the scripting exactly as it showed up in the deepwtr demo wad. And it works fine there, unfortunatley when I apply it to my wad it does nothing but waste time. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance and thanks for helping me get this far. The water is deep though ;)

Did you tag those sectors in your map, does your script look the same as this one below?

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{
//Blue
Sector_SetColor (const:252, 0, 0, 203);
}

I think the problem is that Doom Builder uses script code differently than Deep Sea and the other programs. I need to talk to codeimp, he should be able to set the facts straight.

I know how to make deep water now I just cant get it to go another color. So my question would be, In Doombuilder, how do I write the script so that it will change the water blue? I tried making a new map so in case I did something on the map I'm working on, nothing, same results. Water was deep, but no color. Once i get this coloring thing done my map will be complete. So please anyone who does know anyhting about scripting please tell me how to do it. Oh yea and in multiple sectros too please. Thanks for any help in advance.

If I'm not mistaken, you can just enter WATERMAP in the lower texture slot of whichever linedef in your control sector has the transfer heights tag. Has to be that linedef though.

oddly enough Doom builder uses things to change the color of the sectors. I figured this out when I was trying something else. Just one problem, I want the color underwater only, the thing colors the ENTIRE sector above and below. Ill post some pics tomorrow after college lets out, it's almost 11:00 right now and I'm a little tired. If anyone knows how to make the settings work the way you want on things please let me know. I though that if you had one thing setting the color above the cieling to 0 on the RGB variables that it would actually trick the game in to doin what you want. Not so, but Im gonna keep trying. However, when im under water it loks really cool ;)

Nuxius said:

If I'm not mistaken, you can just enter WATERMAP in the lower texture slot of whichever linedef in your control sector has the transfer heights tag. Has to be that linedef though.

Yup, that should work. Zdoom understands the name WATERMAP and apples an underwater colour of 80004fa5 to the appropriate sectors.

yes the watermap thing works, im having trouble setting it to my tunnel as it doesnt have a control sector or a need for transfer heigths. Now that I got the watermap command the level is coming together. Just need to tweak it a bit more. Then im gonna work on my lava staion map.