Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fifafreak18

My newb questions!

So i have a problem..like always but usually i work them out myself. Anyway, im trying to make 3 linedefs to sorround a door. All the linedefs are the same except for there width. The problem is when i make the linedef with the gate texture (brnsml3) or something like that, it only goes about halfway down the lenght of the rest of the room. basically its a floating gate. Is there some way i can extend the texture or should i raise the floor and use stairs?

If you don't understand what i mean just tell me and i'll give you further explanation.

Also all my monsters are shooting through the walls once i enter an area, i tried making them deaf, not know what that did but it didn't fix it, and i tried making the linedefs in that room and the room the monsters were in 'Block Monster'. Any more suggestions?

If the room the brnsmal3 textures is in has a higher ceiling than 128 then the texture will be stuck to the ceiling, lower unpeg it and it'll stick to the ground. If you want to make it so that you can't walk through the brnsmal3 texture set it to Impassable as well.
As for the monsters shooting through walls problem, your walls would have to be two sided lines and setting them to Block Monster, Impassable, whatever, won't stop enemies from throwing or shooting projectiles through them.

always a good learning tool is to look at an example.
Open up ANY finished map in an editor. gl.