Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Shadowy Arch-Vile Preview

Here's a silhouette/shadow preview of my soon-to-be-completed Arch-Vile model. I had actually hoped to have it done yesterday, but I fell a bit behind on my schedule and he's still missing his legs (which will hopefully be remedied today). I'm still mulling over giving him a sculpted base as well, but haven't decided one way or the other yet (rock wall with a human torso hanging from it or a mid-reanimated demon are the two possibilities I'm considering at the moment). Finished version will probably be posted Monday.

Well, I took the lazy route and just gave it a clear, circular plastic base rather than a sculpted one. It's probably better that way--a sculpted base would have taken up more room, and my figures already takes up a ridiculous amount of space as it is.

Coopersville: Well, I don't normally post previews, and I don't plan on making a habit of it, but it just seemed like something 'cool' to do this time around. It's something one of my favorite toy companies, McFarlane Toys, likes to do with their upcoming lines, so I thought I'd play copycat.

Scuba Steve: At the beginning of the constructiong process, I was considering giving it neck, chest, and arm articulation (so I could put it in the 'hellfire' and 'reanimation' poses), but I ultimately nixed the idea and went with a statue. Even if it was poseable, my capturing equipment is less than stellar, so a FreeDoom version would probably end up looking pretty bad, despite the quality, or lack thereof, of the model.

Anyway, enough blathering, here it is:

More Info:
http://www.geocities.com/kramwartap/archvile.html

I also felt I now have enough ID Software to justify giving it its own webpage, so here's my new ID Software Fan Art Gallery (let me know if you encounter any broken links):

http://www.geocities.com/kramwartap/id_art.html

I wish I were skilled enough to make sprites from these.

Damn, do you already know that a lot of us would buy your figures?

Any progress on your Doom 3 Pinky, Shapeless, or did you decide to nix it?

MmM said:

Even if it was poseable, my capturing equipment is less than stellar, so a FreeDoom version would probably end up looking pretty bad, despite the quality, or lack thereof, of the model.

Someone can always touch it up afterwards.

I started a baron of hell unstead. he's about 9.5" upright. also an oldschool doom baddie. you'll see in time. I will eventually make that D3 pinky, but I feel more compeled to create oldschool doom creatures ;)

Well, I can't argue you with that, I'd rather make old school Doom baddies than the new ones (Pinky Demon exempted). I'm still mulling over what kind of figure I want to make next myself--I've been kind of lazy from a modeling standpoint as of late; the Arch-Vile was the first figure I've made in almost two months.

All I've made is
-Quake Ogre gibbed head
-Sargent and dead pinky Maquette
-Mancubus minibust
-Imp
-Baron
-Lost Soul
-B.J Blaskowitz bust
-17" D3 Commando

the last two are the only decent looking ones that arent even finished. and the rest either are or I decided they aren't worth the effort.

I will have to make some D3 sculpts but they are sort of on the backburner for now. not mush but at least the Hell Knight, Pinky, Lost Soul and maybe an Arch-Vile.

So, you work on a bunch of pieces at once then? Myself, if I worked on a bunch at once, I'd probably never get any of them finished--I'm from the 'one-thing-at-a-time' camp.

not exactly

The Gibbed Ogre head was my first regular sculpey peice. It was an experimental one, that for some reason I felt compelled to paint it. Which I did.

this was something I did out of boredom you can see it in Romero's fan art gallary and it was made of scrap peices of regualar sculpey.

mancubus minibust was a gift for a freind and a more serious attempt at sculptin regular sculpey. the stuff sucks and I learned how bad it was with that peice

The Imp and lost soul I started at the same time. but the super sculpey dreid out and I just ended up baking it the way it was

The boron was an action figure I customized. and the B.J bust is pretty much finished. The D3 commando I got bored of, but will pick it up again. now that I've got access to power tools :D

What toy(s) did you use for your Baron custom? Any chance you used the head of Tremor II (Spawn series 5)? I've always thought his head would make a great Baron of Hell.