Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Afterglow

How is this related to Office XP?

Now when I try to run Doom Builder 1.67, it asks for my Mircosoft Office XP install CD. Uh, how is this application related at all to Word/Excel/Powerpoint? I tried reinstalling DB but I have the same problem; keeps prompting for the Office installation CD for proplus.msi even though I cancel out of it. Problem is I turned my house upsidedown looking for the CD and can't find it bloody anywhere.

Can I get a list of the libraries/.dll/.ocx that DB uses? A Visual Basic required library is the only link I can think of. I've also been experiencing hard drive failures lately so it's possible had library file was cleaned out after running chkdsk.

never happened to me, but it had done it when iv installed other pogram before

thats microshaft for you :p cant do anythign right

Afterglow said:
Problem is I turned my house upsidedown looking for the CD and can't find it bloody anywhere.

ahem. ;)

Anyway, are you sure this is due to DB or have you installed something that could have borked/disrupt your office installation?

I remember vaguely reading about some problem with Office or Windows Installer (a service in your system that assists with installing programs) that causes it to launch randomly on programs. I dont know the article or where I read it, try to google a bit. AFAIK the solution it gave was "disable Windows Installer service" but that also prevents you from installing programs that use this service.

These are the libraries required by Doom Builder, besides builder.dll and gdiplus.dll:

cmcs21.ocx, cmcs21.dll, GDIPlus.tlb, dx8vb.dll,
mscomctl.ocx, STDOLE2.TLB, scrrun.dll, OLEPRO32.DLL,
OLEAUT32.DLL, Msvbvm60.dll, ASYCFILT.DLL, COMCAT.DLL
The Doom Builder installation setup installs these if you are missing any, but that doesnt guarantee they will work if required Window system files are missing/corrupt.

Julian Hope said:

ahem. ;)

Anyway, are you sure this is due to DB or have you installed something that could have borked/disrupt your office installation?

What are you insinuating, Frechie? Huh? I'll cut you! Actually, I do have a legit CD but I haven't touched it since I first built this computer in early 2002. For serious, I've never had to format it. Also, I'm now on dialup and formating + applying a couple hundred megabytes via Windows Update would be a slut. Anyway, some motherfucker at university likely stole it from me. Karma will ensure they'll get raped in the pooper before their day is through.

Thanks CodeImp, disabling that service allowed Doom Builder to start, even though it was already set to manual. I see the Office setup window still pops up momentarily but it disappears quickly and I can get past. Now I can get back to finishing Crucified Dreams. Ha.