Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

Fingerskating

I thought those things were retarded back when I was a middle schooler. I'm surprised people still play with those things.

I remember fingerboards. I had a lot of fun with them, if only for a relatively short while (I changed hobbies so quickly as a wee one).

I saw those a lot in Elementary and Middle School...I didn't seriously fingerskate, I just went to my friends where he had a fingerskate ramp and I would try to run the mini skateboards as fast as I could onto the ramp as see how high they would go. :Þ

Darkman 4 said:

I thought those things were retarded back when I was a middle schooler. I'm surprised people still play with those things.

Worse,I catch people in my Grade 10 classes playing with them.

baronofhell said:

What, breaking up lines of coke? heh

Your tact and subtlety are beyond reproach.

I used to make fingerboards out of phone cards, then I moved on to playing with rulers, I tried a real FBoard but I can't do tricks with them so I gave up. Now I stick with lego.

Goat said:

i thought skateboarding and related paraphernalia was lame by now

Coo-coo! Coo-coo! BOING!!!!

no it isn't

Studies have shown it to be about as lame as posting on internet forums so you're fingerskating on thin ice there pal.

Can you actually do some trick with a fingerboard?

I always thought those were collector items, no real playability

insertwackynamehere said:

heh I used to think it was awesome..then I realized that it was more cashing in on the prebudescent tony hawk wannabee generation.

What about the satisfaction of landing your first tricks? Of being able to do what others can't? (simply because you've taken shortcuts and others don't realise how easy it is) What about enjoying the suffering of people who take themselves too seriously, hitting the deck while trying the stupidly impossible in an attempt to become ToNiE HwaRK? Did that mean nothing to you?

Ah! to have the wind plow my hair, a sturdy ramp beneath my trucks and the knowledge that you can enjoy something for the sport, even if it is just a "fad" to everyone else.

If you think it's awesome then why let a few cocky kids stand in your way?

EDIT: Oh wait... were you talking about fingerskating? <Sigh> Rant Wasted.

I became briefly interested in the fingerboard back when I was still in junior high school. The thing is, I become interested in just about anything that's quasi-collectable, so I really didn't partake in the "skating". I quickly lost interest soon thereafter.

those dumb fingerskates are a fad as of current?

this is worse than pogs...i had to get EVERYTHING TO BE THE TOWN EGO

Janderson said:

What about the satisfaction of landing your first tricks? Of being able to do what others can't? (simply because you've taken shortcuts and others don't realise how easy it is) What about enjoying the suffering of people who take themselves too seriously, hitting the deck while trying the stupidly impossible in an attempt to become ToNiE HwaRK? Did that mean nothing to you?

Ah! to have the wind plow my hair, a sturdy ramp beneath my trucks and the knowledge that you can enjoy something for the sport, even if it is just a "fad" to everyone else.

If you think it's awesome then why let a few cocky kids stand in your way?

EDIT: Oh wait... were you talking about fingerskating? <Sigh> Rant Wasted.

i used to skate for real too..but I sucked

pritch said:

I still have my pogs. Awesome. I think I may inititate a revival.

I hate pogs, they destroyed the marble fad when I was in my prime.