Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher`

Rosa Parks passed away, Age 92

Ah ha, hush that fuss
Everybody move to the back of the bus
Do you wanna bump and slump with us
We the type of people make the club get crunk

R.I.P.

When I heard this on the radio I thought a 92 year old was killed fighting for her seat.

I still don't know what she's done but RIP anyway.

Janderson said:

When I heard this on the radio I thought a 92 year old was killed fighting for her seat.

I still don't know what she's done but RIP anyway.

She was an important part of the Civil RIghts movement. You know.. Getting rid of racism and that stuff. Read some fucking history.

yeah she resisted segregation laws to show how restricted the "freedoom country" is and how restricted the laws are (during that time).

stating the obvious that is

ravage said:

She was an important part of the Civil RIghts movement. You know.. Getting rid of racism and that stuff. Read some fucking history.

I'm sorry for not knowing some random facts. I guess they should have been teaching this instead of maths, huh? Damn my lazy eyes.

Besides all I can find is that she said no at some point.

ravage said:

Civil rights is a RANDOM fact?

Nope, she is. Somebody saying 'no' would have happened sooner or later and we wouldn't be mourning her death now.

But c'mon it's not exactly a household name is it?

Janderson said:

Nope, she is. Somebody saying 'no' would have happened sooner or later and we wouldn't be mourning her death now.

But c'mon it's not exactly a household name is it?

Uh actually it is. You learn more than one subject at school don't you? Or is it your case where you can only learn math and not RECENT HISTORY.

Mancubus II said:

Uh actually it is. You learn more than one subject at school don't you? Or is it your case where you can only learn math and not RECENT HISTORY.

Firstly, Hitler is a household name, Churchhill is a household name, Malcolm X, JFK and David Beckham are household names. She probably used to be and I am probably like 40 years to late, but have you ever had a conversation in which you said or heard her name, pre-death? Not I! Not in England. Not in America.

As for my maths bit; Ravage insulted me because of my ignorance to hippie history, so I tried and probably failed to use sarcasm. But why should I read into this stuff, you don't need to know history to promote civil rights.

Janderson said:

Firstly, Hitler is a household name, Churchhill is a household name, Malcolm X, JFK and David Beckham are household names.

Wtf is David Beckham?

ravage said:

She was an important part of the Civil RIghts movement. You know.. Getting rid of racism and that stuff.

And it's a good thing racism isn't around any longer

I think I speak for most British people at least when I say I have never heard of her in my life until the news today.

I guess a fitting tribute would be to not have a retarded thread here, shall we try and manage that?

pritch said:

I think I speak for most British people at least when I say I have never heard of her in my life until the news today.

I guess a fitting tribute would be to not have a retarded thread here, shall we try and manage that?

hmm...

doomworld forums...

Her death was probably scripted too.

And for the record, household name in America.

pritch said:

No shit, she didn't fight for Civil Rights in the UK, heh. :-P

I watched it on the news, it is very sad. She, along with the King, helped Blacks rise up for freedom in the 60's.

Edit: I've been away for a while. Did you notice?

ravage said:

Getting rid of racism and that stuff. Read some fucking history.

my irony detector flashes red!

I think I speak for both Ireland and Spain when I say that her name rings no bells for the common person.

Yes, we were taught about a black woman causing a fuss way back in the segregation days, but her name is not something that sticks in your mind after hearing it -once- over 15 years ago.