Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Megalyth

Help with a Quake secret

This probably belongs on a Quake forum, but starting an account on one of them just to ask this seems like a waste of time, and most of you probably play Quake anyway.

If you're familiar with E4M6, "The Pain Maze" then you may have seen this message as you walk towards the exit door - "Are you sure you want to leave? You left behind something important."

The status bar only shows 4 secret areas, all of which I've found. Even after clearing the level of all visible monsters and accessing all areas known to me, the status bar shows that I've missed 4 or 5 monsters, which leads me to believe there's another area somewhere.

I've searched this level up one side and down the other, noclipped into the void to search for other areas, even Googled the hell out of it and found nothing.

If anyone knows WTF this is about, please explain before I lose my mind. Thanks in advance.

This is referring to the rocket launcher that can be picked up at the top of that tall octagonal room with the water at the bottom. The message will no longer appear when you pick it up.

Wow, I feel pretty dumb now. I was in Coop mode, where weapons stay. Thanks, it makes much more sense now.

That still leaves the mystery of the few stray monsters, which is probably just another dumb oversight by me.

edit - Howdy spank :)

I know, but it's harder to read that way once the post is up.
A little compulsive behavior of mine that will probably never fully go away. :)

I remember there's a secret if you shoot all the windows (these that bright).
Also you can reach the secret exit by jumping over the pillars that support the exiting bridge before activating it. I think that you still need the blue key to open the secret door (that makes sense as you loose the keys when you use them). I'll have to check.. some day.

The rune is in Azure Agony, along with a truckload of secrets.

I think thats in Underearth, where you have to shoot all the demon faces to open a door near the end, which has a large red icon of some kind.

And since there's only one silver key in Hell's Atrium, you could either use it to lower the bridge or try to jump across to the secret door (you could still just go straight ahead to the exit and not even use the key at all).

Bloodshedder said:

Hint: the message box will automatically word wrap. You don't have to keep hitting enter.

Megalyth has been around like since.. forever.

Thanks for the links. I did search for demos, but I missed that site before. I was tired and a little drunk too. :)

I've always enjoyed the Dismal Oubliette. It's too bad that extra portion before the beginning was taken out of the map.