Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zark

Trying to find out which movie this is

OK, so a few weeks ago I was in a metal club that I frequent and they had a really unsettling horror film on. I only caught the last half hour or so but what I saw genuinely creeped me out. If there are any horror film experts out there, could you try and help me work out which film it is?

I remember that it was very very dark, and the characters were in a house of some sort, filled with mutilated corpses. The killer was a guy with a black mask all over his face, possibly leather, and in one scene he straps a guy to a table and puts acid on his face. He also straps another 2 characters to a table. That's really all I can remember unfortunately. Anyone have any idea what film it is? Thanks.

BBG said:

Either Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake?) or "House of a Thousand Corpses" by Rob Zombie.

From the pictures I've seen of House of a Thousand corpses, it's not that. There are no zombies in it AFAIK.

No way it's house of thousand corpses.

It'll help if you can tell (maybe by the hairdoes and by the quality of the footage) if it a was a recent film or a 1980's gore fest.

I have a friend who is somekind of horror-movie-living-encyclopedia and with some more info he'll be able to figure it out.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's a fairly recent film, I'd say early 2000s. Also, it's very gory.

a wild stab in the dark, could either be Saw or Saw 2?

Just a guess, haven't seen either, but the plot points you raised could fit those films.

mallis said:

Just a guess, haven't seen either, but the plot points you raised could fit those films.

I've seen Saw and it's not it, and Saw 2 isn't even out in the cinema yet so I doubt they'd be showing it on a TV in a shitty metal club.

VileSlay said:

I believe that was the toolbox murders directed by tobe hooper. I could be wrong, but that sounds like a scene from that movie.

Yes. That's the one. I did a google image search for stills from the movie and it's definitely that one. Thankyou :D

mallis said:

I watched Saw just yesterday and that's one sick movie! And I mean that in a good way. The only time I had a similair experience was when I first viewed the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Both movies really don't have that much gore and stuff but they're just so... well, sick.

Hay guys I've been trying to figure out which movie this quote comes from: "That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything!"

This is briljant! Pulling this through google only gives you a load of other forums asking the exact same question.

Edit: this suggestion was fun:

"Isn't it from a Bill Gates interview when asked about Windows????"

Danarchy said:

Hay guys I've been trying to figure out which movie this quote comes from: "That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything!"

lol

Good Grief! Please please don't do that here. You'll drive everyone crazy.

I noticed that Saw was mentioned in this thread a few times. I've been tempted to rent it, but have shied away by the utterly horrible reviews it's received. (The fact that it resides in Blockbuster's Bargain Bin soon after it's DVD release doesn't add to its defense, either.) Is it worth a rent, or a waste of time?

If you like disturbing movies you should watch it. If you want to watch some nice movie with the kids it's best to rent something else.

Danarchy said:

Don't destroy the internet. Let me finish my downloads.

NailGunner said:

I noticed that Saw was mentioned in this thread a few times. I've been tempted to rent it, but have shied away by the utterly horrible reviews it's received. (The fact that it resides in Blockbuster's Bargain Bin soon after it's DVD release doesn't add to its defense, either.) Is it worth a rent, or a waste of time?

as a huge fan of the horror/gore/thriller/giallo genres, I would put saw somewhere in the middle of my top 100. it's worth seeing but it all boils down to what your taste in movies is like. it has big flaws, but it also has some shining moment. I'd say give it a whirl and make up your own mind. what could it hurt?

Danarchy said:

I remember that as being a fake movie quote.

just curious if anyone knows where this comes from. I heard it on mortician's house by the cemetary album. they use a lot of samples from horror movies as intros/outros to their songs. the quote goes lie this:

"first there was the collapse of a civilization. anarchy. chaos. starvation. then when it seem things couldn't get any worse, we got the plauge, the living death, quickly closing it's fist over the entire planet. and then we heard the rumors that the last scientists were working on a cure that would end the plauge and restore the world.

restore it... why? I like the death. I like the MISERY! I LIKE THIS WORLD!!!"

any clue anybody?

VileSlay said:

I'd say give it a whirl and make up your own mind. what could it hurt?

Did and done. Good flick, though I wish they wouldn't have shown so much of it in the previews. Gotta entice the potential audience somehow, I suppose... Regardless, I enjoyed it.

thats the problem with most movies and their trailers nowadays. the best parts are the ones they use to draw the audience in so it gives away too much sometimes. I can't stand watching a movie thats gave all it's best parts in the trailer and is filled with crap in the middle.

Sometimes that does happen, but not usually with rated "R" movies because the best parts would not be able to be shown on TV. Also, if you think Saw is disturbing, wait till you see Saw 2.