Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

NintenDoom (And all those other old school graphics mods)

Anyone remember this wad? I think this was the first wad I downloaded.

It was a graphics mod. Donkey Kong's the main character and the fist and Pistol were changed to Nintendo peripherals (Fist = Power Glove, Pistol = Zapper). There were a slew of other nintendo characters in it like Link, Fox, and Boo. I don't remember if Mario was actually in the game though.

that sounds flippin awesome. link is my freakin favorite. i looked it up on google, unfortunately, no results. im just as anxious for an answer are you are commando

Ok, I just found it. It's up at Doom Wad Station. I don't need someone to find it.

Let's just talk about crazy ass graphics mods from the early days of Doom like Tick Doom, Disney Doom, or Simpsons Dooms. Those were some of the earliest stuff I downloaded. The graphics were crappy as hell, but they were fun to look at.

never seen that, though I have seen mario doom. most of the enemies are replaced by mario 1 & 2 enemies, like the zombies being goombas and the imps being shy-guys. I think the cyberdemon was bowser and the spder mastermind was wart. the only enemies that weren't changed were the baron the manc and the arch-vile. the doom guy looks like mario and the hands holding the weapons are cartoony goloved hands. also the rocket launcher was changed to a fire flower and some flats, textures and skies were changed to mario graphics.

you can find that here: http://ftp.sunet.se/idgames/combos/mariodm.zip

as for the one you mentioned, I've never played it before, but I think it's here: http://come.to/n64doom

Yeah, that is what I was talking about. (the second link you posted up)

I don't want this thread to die so young though, so let's talk about the older graphics mods that popped up back in the old days of Doom/Doom2. :)

I still have Nintendo Doom sitting on my HD. I made it Zdoom compatible (the wad was a mess and used a DeHackEd trick for sounds) and it's still very fun. Nintendo Doom was one of my first wads as well. I thought it was the coolest and funniest thing out there at the time. I still love it.

Bashe said:

the wad was a mess and used a DeHackEd trick for sounds

yeah, I dowloaded it and tried it out and kept getting bad sprite frame errors on load up. how could I fix it up, as I've never messed with graphics mods of that nature.

as far as grafics mods one of the worst I ever played around with was south park doom. the sounds were annoying and some of the graphics were just crap. one of my faves was dr. who doom. although the tardis level had crappy textures it had a great layout and the enemy sprites and weapon replacements were pretty damn cool.

Simpsons Doom, RJ doom ("wow, what is this 'dehacked' stuff? incredible!"), and Smiley's Safari - killing barney and power rangers.

I remember the original Simpsons Doom. It was one of the first graphics mods I played for Doom 2. I can also remember a Christmas Wad that changed all the enemies into Christmas themed enemies, like, the Zombies were living presents and stuff. I can remember trying to get the wad to load into Doom 2, because at the time I didn't have (Ultimate) Doom, only to have it crash after I killed the first zombies in Map 01, heh.

I also remember my parents buying the Doom Gurus' Guide to Doom Editing for me, hah. That was such a HUGE frikkin' book, and was so much to read through given my age, which was around...maybe 9 or 10 or 11 or so? It was still very interesting, and I can remember reading about and trying things like Waded and Aliens Doom. I could even make crappy little levels in Waded, but I never made Doors that worked. >:( Those were some of the best years of my life for Doom, heh.