Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YAY, I just got a first exit [on map32] :) Sent it to Opulent.

Sorry for the long hiding, that's not very exciting to watch, but there's no other way. I hope you like the demo though :)

Angus

This comes perhaps too late, but here is a warning!

The first 20 minutes are full of boredom, so
- watch the first 5 minutes, have a bath and come back 15 minutes later
- or restart after 5 minutes with Budko's prboom and use -skipsec 1200
- or watch it with -timedemo.

I'll try to reduce the hiding part to a minimum, fighting the imps and mancubi (which come out of the tunnels) with the BFG after the initial infight calms down and it's possible to enter the battlefield. There are lots of cells in the eastern cave where the cybies/hellknights came from and a bit cover by two pillars. The biggest problem will be the revenants, and of course all visible archviles have to be dead at first.
If this strategy works, the whole thing should be much less boring and at least 10 minutes faster. I'm hoping at least ;)

Angus Thermopyle said:

The first 20 minutes are full of boredom, so
- watch the first 5 minutes, have a bath and come back 15 minutes later
- or restart after 5 minutes with Budko's prboom and use -skipsec 1200
- or watch it with -timedemo.

In cases of demos like this (which maybe the new version isn't), there is another option when using Budko's prboom-plus:

Watch the first 5 minutes normally, increase the gamespeed to, say, 1000% for the next 15 minutes of the demo, and then set it back to 100% to watch the rest.

Or during those 15 minutes of inactivity by the player, use the walkcam to watch the infighting.

By default, the keys to alter the gamespeed are Num-, Num+ and Num*, and you can alter the step amount from the menus or the cfg. You can have the gamespeed displayed in the Boom-style HUD.

This map has a hideout, but the preview version of HR2map32 has no hideout here, it’s far more difficult.

ducon said:

This map has a hideout, but the preview version of HR2map32 has no hideout here, it’s far more difficult.

You don't need to hide with regular UV Max, so it doesn't make a difference there, but it's impossible to survive with -fast monsters without hiding a few minutes. So it was a change for good.

Thx, Drakon ;)

I made another HR2 UV -fast demo: Map27 "Resistance Remains" in 20:34. I send this to Opulent.

Perhaps I'll do more HR2 -fast demos, so I changed the thread title.

Excellent demos.

And no I don't find the starting sections boring at all. Just turn up the sound and watch that kill count tick over :)

Ryback said:
And no I don't find the starting sections boring at all. Just turn up the sound and watch that kill count tick over :)

I played around in the automap with IDDT whilst the green things wiggled themselves away.

Thx again, Doomers! I hope you also enjoyed my KSutra -fast pack :)

Kristian, you are right. Map10 is easy. Apart from that damn cyberdemon telefrag. I got him only once within two hours. The result is a very slow first exit in 6:29 (should be easy to beat ;)

I'll try it again in a few days, but now back to Map21.

Gee, there's no stopping him :).

As for me, I actually did my first UV -fast demo: Map 23 "When The Heavens Fall" in 14:41. First exit (55th attempt too). I nearly bite it in the ending area...twice. Go me :P.

Anyways, I'll send this to Ops so it can get put in this thread (Hope that's alright ^_^).