Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

rumour time! (no flaming please!)

NOTE!:
Treat the following information as RUMOUR, don't like what you see, express your opinion softly, without flames!

A friend of mine on ICQ (name is not important), a fellow helping the 4DRULERS on their Gore game, told me an intresting thing today:

"A friend of mine sent me two very impressve DOOM videos sometime ago, each of the videos was 10 seconds long and didn't include any mosters or levels, the architecture was the only thing these videos showed. That insane lighting as in the MacWorld video could be witnessed in these videos as well, it was a sight to behold!
My friend told me that the videos were a "secret" and it appears that the stuff shown there wasn't taken from QuakeCon 2001. Unfortunately, I don't have the videos anymore (my PC fried a few months ago and just recently, I got a new one)."

After our little conversation where I was trying to prove him that the videos couldn't be taken from DOOM, we agreed that he will contact his man and try to get the videos from him again.

He seemed to be quite determined that the videos were indeed from DOOM.

I will keep you guys posted!

Hmm... interesting, although doubtful, because I don't see why id would have been tossing around little video clips of Doom's architecture months ago.

But then, they were naieve enough to think noone would be taking cameras into the conference room at QuakeCon, so you never know :)

Spooky rumour. I still don't see why would id release videos of the engine. They ussually just let developers get into the offices to stare at the engine, instead of actually spreading samples.

If the engine was already being licensed, then yes, it *could* be true. But so far that's not the case, except Quake 4, but we all know Raven's very close with id.

He's prolly fibbin ya. If he actually does have two videos, I can guarantee they are not DOOM. The videos are probably from that new German game thats being worked on, it looks almost exactly like DOOM in the Mac vids.. I got a screen clip of it if anyones interested.

The videos are probably from that new German game thats being worked on, it looks almost exactly like DOOM in the Mac vids.. I got a screen clip of it if anyones interested.

What game do you mean ?