Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Where Did Your Title Come From?

Fredrik said:

It'd only take about three months to get there if you write a script to trigger the postless postcount++ bug over and over again, 24 hours a day.

Oh that still exists?

>:|

Janderson said:

Are you advertising or gloating :P

If it were the latter I'd be self-deprecating.

I'd ask for one, but I can't think of a perfect title...and I'm afraid I'd anger the Mods/Admins.

I don't see the point of having a custom title. I don't see the point of having an avatar, either. That's probably just because I started out on Usenet, though.

I've seen boards where you can have 150x150 Avatars and change your Title at will after 5 posts.

It's all about demand. If you could just run around and change your title whenever you wanted, it wouldn't be very special, would it?

My name on IRC is stx-Vile... stx is a qw/q3 clan that's been inactive for a while. STX stands for the Stickmen, or o|-<.

Ocelot started calling me the man made of sticks, for some reason... and I started calling him the man who owes a lot. Eh? Eh? Ehergh.. nevermind.

-_DLD_- said:

I've seen boards where you can have 150x150 Avatars and change your Title at will after 5 posts.

Boards like that tend to be eyesores, especially with the huge pictures in all their signatures.

Ichor said:

Boards like that tend to be eyesores, especially with the huge pictures in all their signatures.

Ow. I'm on some boards like that too. (one was kind enough to reduce their avatar sizes to 100x100 >.> (my avatars range from 50x50 to.. what a coincidence.. 36x36 :P)

Bloodskull said:

Last time I did that it didnt exactly work out. Look to the left to find out why.
I'd also like to point out that Its been over 2 years since I've been here(10-13-03)

It's also been over two years since anyone cared. ^__^

Ichor said:

Heheheh...At a forum I used to moderate and post at, I had both a large (in filesize) animated avatar AND an animation GIF in my sig (that must have been huge, as it was assembled from movie captures). I was fine, given that I have broadband wifi and a 1.5 gHZ laptop, but I'm amazed no one dubbed me "the Lagginator". =^P

Lüt said:

I think it was me, then Cyb. We were going to have a conversation there, but it never happened :P

I figured it had something to do with you, but the "are you french" thing made me think Julian had something to do with it too.

But yeah an entire conversation would have been awesome.

i've had lots of titles throughout

but this was because after my (second) stint in losers, I needed a title to replace the "Loser" under my name so one of the admins gave me this :P I didnt even know what hackneyed meant until I looked it up, and I'm still confused

I asked for mine along with an avatar. Then Ichor dropped his hosting or something.

I forgot all about that, so here's the old picture you posted a while back.

heh thanks, though I wasn't really asking for it back. And imageshack will get rid of it after a while anyway

I have a fetish for making big avvys, so it's highly unlikely I'd want to request a custom one from an Admin. That and good 'ol Roofles here really reflects my character on these boards.

If I work up the courage, I'll ask an Admin for a title when I think of a good one.

Unless they choose to make me one, but I doubt I'm special enough for that.

If I felt like I needed one, I would do something stupid. Other than that, I see no reason that it needs to change from what it is now (aside from postcount changes).

Frankly, who gives a fuck?

HobbsTiger1 said:

If I felt like I needed one, I would do something stupid. Other than that, I see no reason that it needs to change from what it is now (aside from postcount changes).

Frankly, who gives a fuck?

I wouldnt mind having one myself, although it isnt worth going out of your way to get one, like making tons and tons of pointless posts just to get a better title, or do something very dumb.

-_DLD_- said:

Yeah, I'm not going to act differently just to get a damn title.

I don't think you'll have to.

Someone posted about the contest a couple years back? Well I got a custom title...the best part was that I wasn't even on in time! What a friendly bunch of mods, thanks chums!

rf` said:

It's also been over two years since anyone cared. ^__^

Don't forget, it's been two years and he still thinks people want him around.

insertwackynamehere said:

i've had lots of titles throughout

but this was because after my (second) stint in losers, I needed a title to replace the "Loser" under my name so one of the admins gave me this :P I didnt even know what hackneyed meant until I looked it up, and I'm still confused

hey whaddayaknow?! i got a definition! hehe what about Gold Member? or Huge Member?

My name makes fun of all the little 12 year olds who go on aim and talk to there freinds like this, "yo dood i jus did an olly da other day an it was cool, u had to of ben ther it wuz awesom"

I used to have a custom title, but it was removed after some incident of unimportance.