Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Lurkers

Just how many of them are on DW?

I was bored and did a head count.

I believe there are 1420 registered users on this site that have 0 posts.

That is incredible.

I lurked for quite a while here before registering. my usual routine before i register at a forum. but 3-4 years may be quite an exception to the rule lol..

Heh, and that was AFTER the admins pruned all the 0 postcount users a few years back.

Of course, I think half of those were Dashiva.

I sort of thought about this yesterday. My estimate was that there's maybe 700 active users on the DW forums. I'm not sure what to think exactly; some times that seems like a high guess, sometimes low. I'm too lazy to look at the stats.

Danarchy said:

Heh, and that was AFTER the admins pruned all the 0 postcount users a few years back.

Of course, I think half of those were Dashiva.

That explains the oldest Lurker accounts dating back to "only" the start of 2004.

Chrono_T said:

Did someone camp submerged lurkers at the entrance to the doomworld base? We'll be spiked to death!

Zerg rush kekekeke. ^_____^

Lurkers are the best. Besides this post, I think I'm going to continue lurking for a long time...

Heh. I just ask myself: "why register to a forum and not post?".

Can't you lurk without registering?

Coopersville said:

I sort of thought about this yesterday. My estimate was that there's maybe 700 active users on the DW forums. I'm not sure what to think exactly; some times that seems like a high guess, sometimes low. I'm too lazy to look at the stats.

3457 people have made at least one post as of now.

EDIT: But there are only 753 people who have made at least 50 posts. Advanced search rocks.

When I first registered I saw "Registered Lurker". So I logged out thinking I was wasting bandwidth. I cruised the forums, logged out, till I found something. Log in... post... Shizam!... my title changed! Oh, NOW I get it!!!
Maybe some lurkers are people who don't get it...?

I try to vist the fourms regularly and post on topics I have aleast some knowledge in without spamming. But sometimes I just don't have time to vist Doomworld like I used to :(