Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lump

Bots, Skins, and EXE patches in ZDoom?

I have tons of questions so I'm just gonna list them here.

1) Is there a way to make a specific skin use a dehacked patch with out the patch being applied to people or bots using different skins?
2) Or is there a way to make a specific bot use a EXE patch with out the others or myself being affected by it?
3) Does anybody know some webpages or sites that I can get alot of skins?
4)The bot configuration file, I understand most of it. The only line I don't know about is the ISP line. What in the world is ISP?
5) Is there a reason why the bots don't walk on floors with animated textures? At first I thought they didn't want to walk on floors that damage you. But then I made a small map that was almost totally water. Not one bit of the floor hurts you and they still wouldn't walk on the animated water texture. Is there a reason for this? Does it tie into the ISP thing? Is there a way to shut it off?
6) Can the bots use the cheats? If so, how can I set it them so that they can cheat?

I know this seems like a lot of questions. There is alot I don't know about ZDOOM. I have searched alot of different sites (including ZDoom's very own site) and have found not a single answer to any of my questions.

1) No

2) No

3) http://www.newdoom.com/hosted/skins/

4)ISP = Instinct for Self Preservation. I can't remember which way it goes. I think, the lower the number, the more suicidal the Bot's tactics are, the higher, the more likely it will run from a fight when on low health etc. Something like that anyway.

5) Ummm... Well I just tried a level in Zdoom 1.23 beta 28a, and the bots certainly seemed to be walking on animated flats. What happens when you put your DM starts on animated flats?

6) No

Well if I put my DM starts or my player starts on an animated floor the bots run off as quick as they can and never turn back.
Now I must reitterate the bots do go on the water texture, but only (I repeat BUT ONLY) if there is something in the middle of it. Like a soul sphere or the BFG or something. Only if something that is really important to them do they try to brave the waters.
As for the nukage, slime, or even blood animated floor textures they don't even bother with trying to cross. If I put a DM start (or player starts) on any of those textures. Then the bots spin in a complete circle, almost like they're looking for the shortest way off of that texture. Then BAMM they make a bee line to a different floor.

Actually the bots are quite stupid; the good (bad) things about them is their perfect aim and speed.