Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baronofhell

Martial Arts ownage

Of all the martial arts artists in hollywood, past and present, who would own in a real fight? I have to go with Steven Seagel, being his craft specializes in pressure points, meaning he can kill you instantly.

I knew Cyb had to be onto something instead of releasing more of the Void series...

I love how all his movies have interchangable titles.
he's pretty darn funny... I must say I enjoy all of his movies that I have seen.

oh, but to answer your question, I'd have to go with either Richard Burton for his work in 'the Klansman' or William Shatner... honestly though, I'd go with Jet Li.
As long as you don't pick Chuck Novice, I won't complain.
edit: hahaha, someone beat me to posting. :D

I know chuck norris could mess you up pretty bad if he wanted to. then of course there was bruce lee who could kick your ass 14 different ways before your body would ever hit the ground. i took a course in tae kwon do several years ago. its good excercise, but to me that was pretty much all.

mister Miyagi...

Seriously though. I've heard all that shit about Seagal being in the CIA in Asia for long years, but you have to take into account, that this old geezer wouldn't hit my grandma with his current quickness. I've seen the most recent movies with him, and I felt like watching comedies.

And mister Yang, a guy who's established YMAA (not YMCA, you <3) the Youth Matrial Arts Association (to which I belonged for some time), which originates in China, and cooperates with many countires (I'm polish remember?), would own all.

The guy meditates and pracitces 18 hours a day, and is about 85 years old. Come to think of it, my Kung-Fu coach is also a badass.

But since all of those aren't Hollywood people, I'd go with

Jackie Chan...

steven, heh, fat wife beater.
jackie chan, essentially a chinese acrobat.
you kinda have to say bruce lee, he lived martial arts.
jet lee prolly second, he moves that fast, and actually hits the guys in his movies-awesome ifilm video of this.
if i had to choose,i would agree with regen on this one, you can't beat frank.

I think this comes back to the Bear Vs. Lion Vs. Tiger debate.. always bet on the meathead wrestler. A cement-head goes a long way.

Tom Lister!

Watch some of Jackie Chan's non-American films, they feel a lot more like a Bruce Lee film or whatnot.

I'd have to say Bruce Lee also. My favorite thing would have to be in (I think) Enter The Dragon, where he's in that jail cell and he blocks the guy's punch with his own punch...and completly explodes the guy's arm. Total pwnage. For those of you who haven't seen it, think Berserk pack gibbage on the opponents arm...oh and his face too. I'll see if I can find the clip. Heh, gibbage. New word for me, woo!

I take martial arts myself, so I can tell when stuff is real and stuff is "for show" Bruce Lee is for real, albiet still doctored up. Of course there's the fight between him and Kareem Abdul Jabar.

I think if yip man was still alive he would own all. as far as living martial artists go I don't think any movie star martial artist with the exception of jet lee and tony jaa could handle a real martial artist