Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Using only one sound

Confusing title yes, but I'll explain.

Most things in the game have multiple sound effects that are played randomly, but for me lately, it's only been playing one of the many sound effects an item may have. I shot the pistol numerous times and the same sound each time. It should be random, and this has just recently happened.

I play with the Trent Reznor sound pack if that matters.

The multi sound bug was fixed in patch 1.1. Have you reinstalled recently without patching? Im not sure if the trent sound pack affects that.

I reinstalled sometime last month and it said everything was up to date so I didn't bother patching.

Okay, I tried to patch it to 1.3 but I got an error saying something like "cannot figure out which version, please make sure it's [Doom3] installed correctly."

I checked my version.inf and it said 1.3, so I don't really know what to do.

As a matter of fact, I only INSTALLED the game once, and when I switched computers, I simply copied the game to a disc and then loaded it back onto a new PC, so any registry stuff would not come with it. May this be the problem?

Yes of course.

Reinstall from the original discs, then apply the latest patch.

All righty, thanks.

EDIT: Ugh, it's still doing it. I deleted the game, reinstalled it and patched it and the problem persists. I'm using patch 1.3. Should I use a different one?