• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AirRaid

Ling, why do I keep getting this??

I keep getting this message the first time I post after I log in:

Cound not send the message to AngelOfDeath. Error: 550 5.1.1 <>... User unknown

It posts my message anyway, but this appears at the top of the page which says 'thanks airraid for the post, redirecting..'

What's goin on?

This happens a lot to me. I haven't seen it cause any problems.

It's for people who have the "Email me when replies are made to my thread" option checked in their profile. The Email option doesn't work. You'll get that message for anybody who has Email notification enabled.

It happens to me and I'm pretty sure I don't have that checked.

No, it's not because you have it checked, it's because they have it checked. The script that's being run is saying that emailing the user (whatever his name is) has failed. Whoever's name is listed at the top is the one who has the notification enabled.

I get that "user unknown" error all the time, and now I finally know why I keep on getting it.

Well, don't leave us hanging!

It's for people who have the "Email me when replies are made to my thread" option checked in their profile. The Email option doesn't work. You'll get that message for anybody who has Email notification enabled.

/me takes off the nooses :)

Ah. Ok then. I don't ever tick email notification, cos it just generates loads of useless emails which aren't worth reading. If I wanna know if someones replied, I'll come and look at the number of replies.

That's what I do. I don't bother using the email function anyway since it floods your inbox. I just check the # of replies.

What would have happened if deathwarrior had activated that checkbox in his haiku post? MAYHEM

Hah, his mail server would most likely have crashed before half the messages got to him.

The administrator would have visited him for a little chat...no, wait, let's call it Ogre Club / face interaction.

What would have happened if deathwarrior had activated that checkbox in his haiku post? MAYHEM

Absolutely.